DON'T bother applying if you have pharma exp.

Discussion in 'Arbor Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Nov 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They want to bring in REAL newbies and pay them 30-40k. Unbelievable...

From a recent Arbor job posting for a Cardiovascular Territory Manager position in IL:

Job Requirements

Minimum Requirements:

Note: Arbor hires only candidates without pharmaceutical industry experience. Those with medical device and other outside healthcare experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates with more than 7 years total sales experience will not be considered.

2. sandy

sandy Guest

DISCRIMINATORY

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But wait...it gets better:

We believe that our strongest asset is our people and have hired industry veterans with pharmaceutical knowledge and experience across most therapeutic areas in all stages of development, manufacturing and commercialization.

Sooo...ONLY apply if you seeking a Management or Board Director position? WTF??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arbor's hiring practices are discriminatory and should be reported as an EEO violation (regardless of what your punk ass has to say).

There is NO current pharma rep, especially one who has won any sort of sales awards, who would even ACCEPT a fucking bullshit salary like 30-40k anyway, you dumbass!

You get EXACTLY what you pay for...and what Arbor WILL get are a bunch of clueless kids straight out of college or many a few that sold office supplies or dollar store kid's cereal.

They'll stay for a year and then LEAVE, after they see what a craphole this place is.

END OF STORY. Good night, Jonny!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Opps! Grammar check!!

...or many a few that sold office supplies or dollar store kid's cereal.

Should be: ..or MAYBE a few, etc.

But I'm sure you got the point, even with all of those steroids infecting your brain, Jonny!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Companies hire Oncology reps and require Oncology experience and Managers with previous Management experience.

How is what Arbor does Discriminatory? They hired me and I am happy with 40k + bonus and a chance in the industry.

You sound clueless.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you took an offer at this garbage company, then I feel badly for you. You must be a fresh out college grad and have zero knowledge on the pharma industry and on Ahh-bore's business model compared to a standard pharma company (This would make YOU the clueless one here, Timmy).

Enjoy your sub-par salary whilst trying to push BS products with Tier 3 co-pays or no coverage at all (Edarbi and NLPS will be especially painful to sell)

Strongly recommend that you keep your resume updated and IV while you're at Ahh-bore. Hopefully, your endgame is to escape this nightmare after 1 year in.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although I am the OP, I am NOT the person who typed "Discriminatory" in all caps. However, I was curious to see if Arbor did in fact employ discriminatory tactics in creating their job ad.

So I looked at the EEO website: http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/practices/index.cfm

Take a look at this folks and we'll let the public at large be the judge on this one:

The laws enforced by EEOC prohibit an employer or other covered entity from using neutral employment policies and practices that have a disproportionately negative effect on applicants or employees of a particular race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or national origin, or on an individual with a disability or class of individuals with disabilities, if the polices or practices at issue are not job-related and necessary to the operation of the business. The laws enforced by EEOC also prohibit an employer from using neutral employment policies and practices that have a disproportionately negative impact on applicants or employees age 40 or older, if the policies or practices at issue are not based on a reasonable factor other than age.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NLPS was dropped a while ago. I am guessing you were fired before promotion was stopped.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoy your imaginary job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U deflect to compare your unemployment check and insult my spouse? Weak mofo.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't let the OP get to you, dude. It's just the internet.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction: Arbor dropped the ball with NLPS. They did a poor job promoting it and the manufacturer yanked it back.

Wonder who that company will get to promote it now?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor job? It is generic u fucknut.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but the sad truth is that Arbor FAILED miserably in using those "Pay No More Than $25" Instant Rebates with NLPS.

That may have been a doomed strategy to BEGIN with though. Generics were cheaper than that from the get go...So WHY did Arbor even waste their time, the reps time & the Drs time in a fruitless endeavor.

Well, that's water under the bridge now!

Next CV nightmare: Edarbi, an 8th in class ARB with well established generics (Cozaar/Hyzaar) already in place.

Big Question: Is Arbor doomed to repeat the same exact mistake as they did with NLPS?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real question:

Why does an ex-employee give a crap (and on Thanksgiving)?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALL of my points are VALID and should make ALL CV employees at Arbor wonder WHY the Fuck they aren't looking to polish up their resumes and get the hell outta there!!

Seriously...unless Arbor has plans for a "Pay No More than $1.50" for ALL of your Edarbi Rx's, then they are behind the eight ball in a major way here!

Insurance companies simply will REFUSE to pay for Edarbi, they will force patients to use generic losartan (they're really all the same anyway).

What you mental deficients at Arbor FAIL to realize is that nowadays ALL patients are asking for the CHEAPEST generic available for ANY new drug they are prescribed (or for existing ones they are already taking).

When a patient expresses this to a Dr, by default the Dr WILL Rx a generic ARB (like losartan/Cozaar). If the patient doesn't say anything, they will (again by default) Rx what they have been used to for YEARS (Diovan or Atacand)...Not Micardis, Teveten, Benicar and sure as hell NOT Edarbi.

-AND- If a Dr DOES happen to Rx Edarbi b/c a Rep just happens to spend $250.00 on a pricey lunch at Cosi or Panera Bread for him/her? Guess What? The Pharmacist will STILL switch that Rx to Losartan. Sure, the Dr COULD indicate DAW on the Rx, but the patient will be up in arms over a ghastly high co-pay.

Simple solution: They call and get a generic switch authorized. But REALLY, in most cases, Drs will NOT put DAW (Dispense as Written) on the Rx.

Edarbi is guaranteed a Tier 3 status on ALL plans, which is a death sentence, if you're a Rep trying to promote this drug.

So tell me ...what are Arbor's plans to make this drug even remotely feasible to be Rx?

Signed,

Former CV Rep and Current Specialty Rep elsewhere (glad to be out of the Arbor hell hole)

P.S. Mr. Arbor Man...How about giving me a RATIONAL answer to my question. NOT a "Why do you care you don't work here" or "You're fired/unemployed". Let's go for a REAL response here!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no need to answer. You would know the answers if you had not been fired.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My husband's friends don't answer to me and I don't answer to past employees.