When is D-Day?

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2014 at 8:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have an "inside" as to when layoffs will happen? Will they ask you to sit at home on day, and wait for a phone call? Also, does the package include a lump sum payment? Just trying to plan ahead...thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SEC close around mid June, figure a month for realignment and clean up, layoffs mid August.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea what they will do with the unvested stock options?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You usually receive a joint call from your manager and zone dir.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They go back into the pool for the board of directors. Convenient eh?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes calls will begin from your DM on Friday April 25th. starting at 9am est, you will get an e-mail the day prior with your time for the call. your DM will read off a script and let you know if you are retained or released. the DM must stay on script, and will tell you so. no time for Q&A. you can call your DM later after the call with questions, etc. hope this helps and good luck to all.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever said layoffs in august is wrong
    Forest and Actavis want everything complete prior to the merger
    This will all be happening soon

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will not do any merger related layoffs until the merger is approved with legal, the SEC, etc. Layoffs will happen due to project Rejuvenate before the merger. Layoffs due to the merger will happen after the merger (around June/July) People need to quit trolling.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will have to issue a warn notice a reasonable amount of time before any significant lay off. And they will get consultants involved to avoid lawsuits. Anyone that claims inside knowledge (positive or negative info) before that happens is lying. I assure you that warn notice will be mentioned on here as soon as it hits and when it does you should have at least 30 days. So chill out. If a good opportunity comes up elsewhere then you should go for it but no need to panic

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the WARN gives us 60 days? Plus, it would probably be filed under Actavis since they will be the ones laying off after the merger.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get set, its coming! yes calls will begin from your DM on Friday April 25th. starting at 9am est, you will get an e-mail the day prior with your time for the call. your DM will read off a script and let you know if you are retained or released. the DM must stay on script, and will tell you so. no time for Q&A. you can call your DM later after the call with questions, etc. hope this helps and good luck to all.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 60 day warn can commence the day layoffs are announced. It does not have to be done"in advance". You can receive the call and then the "warn" notice is in place

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes the above is correct! The calls will start 4/25 and last day will be 4/28, then the WARN will kick in for 60 days! get set, its coming! yes calls will begin from your DM on Friday April 25th. starting at 9am est, you will get an e-mail the day prior with your time for the call. your DM will read off a script and let you know if you are retained or released. the DM must stay on script, and will tell you so. no time for Q&A. you can call your DM later after the call with questions, etc. hope this helps and good luck to all.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are recruiters saying this crap people! What a bunch of BS. Good rule of thumb-- if it has dates and times listed-- it is a lie

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree. One person keeps repeating the same thing to try and make it sound credible. I no longer bleed green and I do think layoffs will happen. However writing things like that just to freak people out is plain wrong. Must be a seriously sick bitter forest employee or a recruiter. I hope my colleagues at forest see through that and just do whatever is truly best for them and their families.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WARN notices are New York state law. If layoffs are done by Actavis will they be required to file since they are not headquartered in New York?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WARN is applicable in every state.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes the above is correct! The calls will start 4/25 and last day will be 4/28, then the WARN will kick in for 60 days! get set, its coming! yes calls will begin from your DM on Friday April 25th. starting at 9am est, you will get an e-mail the day prior with your time for the call. your DM will read off a script and let you know if you are retained or released. the DM must stay on script, and will tell you so. no time for Q&A. you can call your DM later after the call with questions, etc. hope this helps and good luck to all.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will not be sales force layoffs prior to SEC closing mid June. WARN notice would be at that point, again, layoffs mid august