Options are now worthless

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2014 at 7:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stock at 9.85! I bet a lot of
    Crying going on in corporate .. Lots of options expiring worthless!! Looks like I got screwed as a sales rep but taking options as a sign on.. Anyway something needs to change .. What is going on here

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry you took the job

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Einstein, read the term of the options. You have 10 years to decide whether or not you will exercise them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry bro .. Nobody gets 10 years to exercise options.. Maybe in fantasy land but Nowhere in any financial system do u get 10 years to decide

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a female, not a "bro"…jackass. Go to your E*Trade Account that was set up for you for your stock options. (Nevermind, you don't work here)
    There is a tab on it with the following words, below it are the links to the documents.
    I acknowledge that I have reviewed and understood the following grant document(s):

You will find the options expirations date within these documents.
    Option Expiration Date:
    11/01/2022

You are wrong, we have 10 years from when we accepted the options to exercise them. It's probably time to post the following to you….I'm sorry you didn't get the job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

question is, how many of us will still be around when the (last 3-4 ys) options are in the (meaningful) money again ?? they cut FTEs once, chances are they'll do it again. don't recall seeing many (successful) examples of unprofitable ~300-400 FTE biotech startups entertaining their own ~200FTE sales/marketing orgs. & staying afloat for very long. something has to give. certainly disheartening to see the $8.00/$9.85 bid/ask close last Fri. Looking at the other side of the coin, good news for potential acquirers, I guess.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you still have to be employed in ten years?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You were proven wrong when you said this

Sorry bro .. Nobody gets 10 years to exercise options.. Maybe in fantasy land but Nowhere in any financial system do u get 10 years

Why should I take you seriously now? You don't even know what you are talking about, stick to detailing tight junctions and I won't say anything about you not getting the job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm agreeing with the other guy. Really doubt you get to decide on those options for 10 years. Not even reps at Gilead get to keep their options for 10 years. I sure it's the same for Amgen too, you guys are no Gilead for sure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every company sets policy on options. Many companies allow for 10 years on options. Ironwood was one of them. If you worked here, you would have the paperwork.

Sorry you didn't get the job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IRWD drops 11% in one day (last Fri) ? what's up with that ??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This stock is being manipulated by day traders and big institutions ... And will continue until it shows decent earnings