Culture

Discussion in 'Onyx Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 29, 2014 at 3:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the culture like at Onyx?
    What is Amgen role?
    Anything else about the company you can share how would you rate it to work for?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on who you work for. The culture of onyx is slowly dying, so be sure you want to work for the person hiring you. Amgen is starting to take a few things over. We have a had many people leave for different opportunities (good people).

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't waste your time coming here. It's over. Once the company got bought and people got paid the culture died which was to be expected. This almost always happens when a great company gets bought out.

Amgen is slowly creeping in but really hasn't had much affect on the field, which I'm sure will change next year.

The reality is when a small company with a great culture gets bought out most of the people who helped build that great culture leave for the next exciting building opportunity with an equity position - which we no longer have.
    Their backfills unfortunately lack the same innovation and small biotech minded culture/thinking as their predecessors since most of the new people come from big pharma - who oddly enough think they are breaking into biotech. What you see now at Onyx is big pharma philosophies slowly coming in both internally and from Amgen because that is who is left at both. My guess is this year will be OK and 2015 we will be ONE AMGEN. - most of the good people will be long gone by then.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, excellent perspective. Just look at the talent we lost to nanostring. A true biotech start up that was very smart to take those folks. Their backfills at Onyx are just as described and will simply fall in line. It's too bad...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True for the NAM's exact opposite for AH and MM. They were big Pharma jokes. Glad they are gone.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All above posts are very true. No future here and no upward mobility. I know may good reps who have gone after promotions they are more than qualified for to only be a victim of outside hires or blocked by home office. No promotions or future here, smaller is better.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree, those two are idiots. was thinking more about JS and the market access folks that followed him. I knew they would not stick around here for this show. too talented and had strong options to consider. I'm looking hard at everything

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing going on here. Feels like a graveyard

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we are having to dig our own graves!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least you have not been rif'ted ..yet...ala Amgen style....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what do you expect? all of our market access talent and leadership has left for nanostring and we are stuck with clowns. please tell me what SV does on a daily basis?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marsha Marsha Marsha?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? JS is a great guy but he and that team have been sitting around for the last year doing nothing...Sorry but it's true. B and T...good guys and good at what they do but they are dime a dozen as those two guys are at every other good biotech out there.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

new poster here, and I respectfully disagree with the above post. I've seen the other comps and we lost top talent. Ask anyone in that space and they will tell you it ain't apples to apples. Just sayin...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such a nice transition to Lync and Outlook today. Only spent 8 hours , 7 help desk calls, and a cancelled lunch. Productivity at its finest! We are not in Kansas anymore my friends!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can a just call the wholly owned subsidiary what it is...a joke. WE ARE ONE AMGEN!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was pleasantly surprised to lose only an hour of my morning, which I'll soon gain back by not having to login to VDI anymore. Most folks I work with had it done in 45 min to 2 hours. Really not a big deal.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever Beth? Let's do a survey!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You still have to log into vdi to get to the Amgen portal. And your experience was not common.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine is still screwed up!! What a nightmare!!