Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics - Region North America re-org

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The team rumored above, recently seen touring many of the facilities are members of an Ibank team paid to assess the strategy of simply dismembering the corpse and selling off the pieces. It has been decided that this is the last option and the only one now available. Novartis has decided that it will be ultimately cheaper and less damaging to its Corp Reputation than any deal that they have been made for someone to take it off of their hands. The 2 biggest obstacles are Sienne, with the poison pill exit clause Rino got when Novartis purchased Chiron, and Holly Springs with the implicit life time commitment made to support the CDC's pandemic mandate.

If not for those 2 cases, this place would already be an old, solved issue.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deflection denied.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact free deflections only come from people who are "legends in their own minds".

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There must be something happening as everyone is interviewing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In Cambridge? No way, seriously.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot in Cambridge are looking at temp 6 months gigs. No one with half a brain is sticking around unless you have money to fall back on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to stay for stocks and severance. Finding a new job after being paid out is smarter .

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You only get your stuck grants paid out early if they convince some other stupid company to acquire us. Unless you have something else already in the bag at the time you get paid the severance it is a proven fact that, on average, you break even. Not only that, it means that you are on the market when everyone else from this shit hole would be.

Severance is like the consolation prize at the end of a game of musical chairs. If the music stops and you don't have a seat, take the severance. If on the other hand, you think that your "different" than everyone else, can wait until the severance and find a job in the 4-5 months that the severance pays you for, good luck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not if the plan is to dump us to an FSP .. no severance. The FSP plays games to get around having to give you one.

You are more likely to be dumped to an FSP than get let go and see the division get rolled up over the next few months.

Not one person likes working for the FSP. You are paid below market, have no shot at a raise or promotion and have terrible terrible terrible benefits. All the while NVx'ers want you to work til you drop and be super motivated like as if you have a future or any attainable goals to achieve. It's not a good situation.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be working at a different company? How can you be motivated to work like that at a company that is a laughing stock of the industry? Are you even aware of what they think of us, our products? Science? Business results? When I asked my GP his opinion of Menveo he said, "You won't be mad if I tell you what I and my colleagues in my practice group (affiliated with a large teaching hospital) think will you? I said "no". "It's not very good. The science used to develope it is old, out-of-date, the trials weren't done well and the results are questionable and it isn't practically usable in a real clinical environment. We won't use it except for VFC when we have to." That was 2 years ago and I have had a tough time getting up and going to work everyday since.

So yes, work till you drop but an end in an FSP would be too good for this place.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FSP? what is that?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Food Stamp Program.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Financial Services something...but I don't think that makes sense in this situation.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Functional Service Provider. It's when they dump you to a 3rd party vendor as a now full time Employee of that vendor, fully serviced 100% to your former employer.

A good sized portion of Development is now FSP employees

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a tactic to off-load non/low-value add employees as a part of a long term strategy to dump their worthless asses.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You cannot legally transfer employees to FSP. You cannot cut salaries or take away benefits for the same position.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you have a good lawyer ;)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you just love it when someone makes a claim like "It doesn't get dark at night" when it happens everyday? Take a look at the real world moron.

This is how they do it, they tell you that you either have a choice, take a job with the new FSP that they have contracted with or get a severance. It is a no loose situation for them. If you take the severance you are doing what they want to do to you eventually anyway. If you need the job and take it with the FSP you get a lower salary, less benefits and a much smaller severance, if any, when you are shit out the other end later.

It is all legal and common.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has been an industry standard for the last 2 years running. Novartis Vaccines is just late to the game

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our science is about 10 times more behind in terms of ideas than our general business acumen. No wonder this place gets its ass kicked so badly. Can't we hire anyone into an important leadership position whose ideas aren't already obsolete or out of touch?