When is D-Day?

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2014 at 8:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention, if they cut back on sales before the merger is final the payout is less. They have to pay more severance if it is due to an aquisition

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 60 day warn can commence the day layoffs are announced. It does not have to be done"in advance". You can receive the call and then the "warn" notice is in place

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STFU - Staying True to Forest, Understand?

You people are so stupid with your posts and put downs. I'm joining the club. So STFU. Go do something worthwhile with your time.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny you should ask. Actavis wants it all wrapped up prior to their national sales meeting in July.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this post. I think this will all go down at the very end of June. And Yes, we will probably have to wait by our phone. Good luck friends, hope we all make the cut

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis must have its books closed by July. Just like forest has its books closed by end of March. You can figure out the timing.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please explain...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In other words it would need to occur between April and June. But the latest news is a sales staff reduction between 8% - 12%. That's from our district meeting today.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt the validity of the above statement...provide more details, please

How can Forest management even have a guess at what it's going to be? Who told you and how would they know?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is Brenton told everyone in Dallas. Which means there is very little validity behind it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many*Bothans*died to bring us this information.*

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone wants to know when and how many. We were told 8 to 12 percent based on what was said in Dallas. It seemed legit, but then again, nobody knows. If I had to guess I would say it would be a tad bit higher based on they don't want everyone running away. My speculation would be 15 to 20 percent and June.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't,to make since Avtavis is on a hiring spree.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It could be a total reduction of 8-12%, but in some areas it could be 40%!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By law, they only need to retain 20% of the acquired company. That includes home office, distribution, manufacturing , sales, receptionists etc. That means about 600 people accross all business functions have to be retained. What's that mean for sales? Somebody knows, but no one can talk.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They aren't going to cut 80 percent. It will be closer to 20 percent. At this point it all depends on territory, how many reps are in your territory, volume from your current docs, etc. Also if you are in a big city, you should be worried, if there are current Actavis reps in your area you should worry. If there was a recent posting for a sales rep job by Actavis you should worry. We all know that Forest is way over staffed when it comes to reps. We do not need 5 reps calling on the same doc. This is a great chance for Forest/Actavis to cut off a lot of fat. Now the only question is when will it happen. ..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the signs. IPads deployed to just two sales forces. Org charts that do not include certain products. Budgets cut. Expense and sample systems non existent compared to what they used to be. Presidents club destination not yet announced. ICP changed to Actavis' model. Mass open job postings on Actavis' site.

You all think what you want. Believe your DM or whoever out of fear, stupidity or because you just ain't that bright.

What did they say in Dallas? Vague.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only one other sales force besides FPC received iPads? I thought everyone was getting them, just that they were being delivered in waves.

FPC does have all the CNS prods now, but so does Specialty.

Any Actavis jobs I have seen are all in women's health.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospital has had IPads for several months.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sooner the better - drug reps are the most overpaid useless bunch of lazyasses I have ever seen and Forest is among the worst. I know smeone who works at Forest and the SOB spends most of his week AT HOME. MF was out cutting the GD grass at 2:00 in the afternoon - and then brags about his trips and bonuses what a major league asshole. I have a homebased consulting business in case your wondering. I have to actually SELL my service to real CLIENTS - you know real sales - bidding against another company - producing ROI projections etc. drug reps typical clueless mouth breathers when you talk REAL SALES with them. Hope each of you end up at a $10 an hr job soon.