If you aren't looking for a job outside of pharma, then you are out of your damn mind

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: If you aren't looking for a job outside of pharma, then you are out of your damn

Go fuck yourself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: If you aren't looking for a job outside of pharma, then you are out of your damn

Pharma sucks, but it is easy. Wait to you venture out see what the real world offers. It's not much.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is it easy to work with a bunch of psychopathic coworkers? Field rides? Its childish and demeaning!

Other industries don't have that nonsense.

The ones that think pharmaceutical sales is easy are the ones that don't work hard or are the psychopaths themselves!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FOOL! You spend 90% of your week BY YOURSELF, and probably 20 minutes a week TOTAL asking for signatures! The rest of the time is spent driving around or waiting in offices for the Almighty signature. The idea that your counterparts are coworkers proves your ignorance, and the thought that this job is stressful is hilarious.
    Don't worry, by the end of 2015 you will have something to compare it to.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a lot of other industries the workers actually have to WORK !!!!!!
    Yeah..you're important...NOT !!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be using the terrible 4-letter word with us!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to #41 With that kind of attitude you'll probably have to work until you die. I stuck it out and made it work for me and won the game. Why are you jealous of that? Thousands of work days, hundreds of field rides and gave as much as I took. There's a lesson there, but I don't think you'll ever see it. Sure, I'd take the severance, but I'd be happy to help a younger person stay longer if they wish to ... but certainly not you!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What rational person would want to stay/work under these conditions? Ask yourself that question with what you witness in this toxic culture of pharma.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get involved in preventative medicine. This is the way of the future - not pills. New opportunities coming soon in our company. Ask.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly correct.

The "WORK" idiot is a lazy sack of crap. He/She is willing to be treated like a piece of crap because the money is good.

Well, you are still a sack of shit at the end of the day. sell something. bring value. not in pharma. bring me some cupcakes and starbucks.

Do you need a signature?
    How pathetic!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a KAM

12. Re: If you aren't looking for a job outside of pharma, then you are out of your damn

Come on. It can't be that bad. Change is scary, but a new normal will occur. I just am waiting to get into sales and make a good living for myself. Too much complaining around here sometimes!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As is device & capital equipment. Medical sales is dead

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bitch,bitch bitch! That's all you idiots do! Use your brains, and work about 20 hours per week, lie about calls and relax! Geeezz! We have it made and you guys are too stupid to know it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Made what? Yourself into a fraud. Been there and its a terrible place to be and you will not mature as a human being.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true. I'm ex pharma now working at one of the big insurance companies. My boss is leading on establishing ACOs. Writing's on the wall, now's the time to get working on those plans. Please look outside the industry, no pharmaco is safe nowadays and rent a rep jobs are soul crushing.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going to have to disagree with you on that.
    Face to face interaction still gives a competitve edge. People are not robots. Also, these companies are making so much money, that having lots of reps is really not that damaging to their bottom line.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry, but other poster is closer to your not-so-distant-future reality than you know. Its doesn't matter what WE (Pharma) think, its what the payers and the federal government wants that will drive business from next year onward. There are plenty of studies out there from clinics and hospitals and hospital systems that have barred sales reps, and have had acquisition costs drop, with no detriment to patient care.
    As usual, WE (Pharma) are the last to read the tea leaves, so WE are the ones who will rant and wail when WE get cut in large numbers.
    Little secret: most pharma marketing blogs, magazines, symposiums are focusing on comprehensive non-personal promotion strategies. They are getting ready for the new reality, while WE are staffed for the 2005 reality.

Its gonna be uglier than ATS and FFO combined. You'll see.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Humana guy back again. Yes, I get that argument about F2F promotion and company profits making reps still affordable. But if (as they genuinely are) ACOs and others are all actively working on restricting if not banning access altogether, no company would spend money on something that didn't work. People higher up the food chain know some of the things about call faking and jokes about being a caterer/ sample delivery person even if they drink the Kool aid in home office meetings. But while one group are trying to preserve the status quo, another group are trying to think of the new way of working, whether that's electronic detailing or apps or whatever. That's the whole thing about this biz, adapt or die. Sure you can live from a blockbuster for many years but there aren't many of them left. Once the payers change, the rest of the system has to play catch up. I'm not a hater. I had some great years in pharma, did very well and had my time. I'm not here to gloat or shove it down your throat, just sayin please think about your future and make sure you have a plan B. That doesn't mean panic at every rumour, that just means take care of number one, yourself. Because your employer won't. I was lucky because my dad gave me good advice. Plenty of people who I worked with for a long time didn't and when I see them now doing some shit awful Publicis thing or scrabbling around for a crappy job they wouldn't even have looked at a year ago, it's sad to see. Please don't let it happen to you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally, someone speaks the truth. Ive been looking for 3 years, and have gotten into arguments with people when I received three offers. FOR REAL, they offered me almost 65 or 75 cents on the dollar, and one sales job was draw vs commission for 6 months, then salary peaked at 50K. Commission was up to 150K, so I was tempted, but I was scared off my the incredible turnover I'd read about.