Favoritism from the DM's

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well the here is a novel idea...why not at the next meeting you show all the reps how it is done and give them great examples of what to do. Try being a mentor. If your reps are not up to par with your expectations, then do something about it and work with them versus against them. You sound like a jerk just wanting to pick up a paycheck. Your job is to support your reps and help to make them better.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. The problem I have is that nobody is willing to do it, regardless of whether they have the skill to do it. I would love to support my reps. I love them like family, but they roll their eyes at training, then show a complete lack of knowledge in front of the customer, especially the tenured reps. Tenure just means that you have performed at a low level longer than everyone else.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a shame you have to generalize like that and pigeon hole every rep in that category. If All your reps are truly like that then you have lost their respect for certain reasons. If they were like family to you and they respected you then they would take your advice and implement it. Sounds like the respect is gone regarding your management style. The fact that your initial post described them as pansies, doesn't show you in a positive light and one thing reps are good at is reading people and uncovering how someone really feels. Ever hear of the phrase a wolf in sheeps clothing? Unfortunately that is how you are perceived and they don't trust or respect you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. I can't stand these arrogant managers. In my experience as well, they may have some managerial skills but they can't sell themselves out of a bag. If a manager really cared, they would help their reps and use fear tactics.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I meant to say ... And NOT use fear tactics.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you meant to really say "use fear tactics". You are one cruel motherfucker! You'll get yours!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

??!? What a bizaar comment. The poster is absolutely correct about arrogant managers. Now I need to ask you a question...are you high on crack, Freak?