Stop the Ride-alongs!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK seargent major asswipe manager. Get off the board. You suck and we hear about your nazi techniques all the time. Still have your girlie on the side? better check the man in the mirror first next time.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i like when dm's dry rub plastic cheese on me leg

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ride alongs are the biggest waste of time ever. I understand that DBMs have a job to do, but try cause more harm than good.. Many offices have told me to kern my DBM out of the office because it puts the doc in uncomfortable situations. I have a few docs that want to question the DBM on the products because they think they now it all. My docs think my DBM should stay away and let me do my job. I'm tired of pissed off doctors due to my manager.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with all the people who despise manager ride alongs!!! I have wondered why they still have jobs. Most do not bring any value to you. And everything is subjective. If they don't like you, you're screwed! Point blank. I think that too much power are given to these DM's. My DM sucks!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Manager ride-alongs are the biggest waste of time ever devised by this industry. My DBM finds the smallest negative to focus on during the day and is totally out of touch with the reality of what we do on a daily basis. I really don't have that many offices that will allow managers access and I'd rather not keep taking him on the same calls each time.

If ride-alongs are deemed as necessary, at least they should be limited to once a quarter and the DBM's shoukd be given additional sales responsibilities rather than having them sit home in their offices doing nothing of value.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM ride alongs is just another example of the 40 year old sales model (at least back then, then DM could play some golf or fish with some of your doc pals- which lead to big returns)

Sure majority of DMs would love to be doing something else too other than being shown around to the same 4 offices in your territory every 3 weeks that allow you and your DM back.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All good points.

but tell me why some DMs ride with their reps 4 days a week and other DMs see each rep about once a quarter, do a breakfast, talk and then leave the rep?

How do the good DBMs get away with it, or are the bad DBMs just super anal and love driving us crazy with incessant ride-alongs?

What's the command from above? Do the managers have leeway or are they forced to drive us nuts and ride with us all the time?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They ALL have leeway. Some are just wired tight simpletons who need to understand themselves better. Good DMs knew which reps need more support and what leadership style to use to bring out the best in them. Believe it or not, some reps love constant praise and support. Some thrive on it. Others hate it with a passion. It all depends on where they are in their career journey. One size does not fit all.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wah wah wah my DM ants to ride along with me and they don't understand our "clientele."

Oh fucking please. This job is a dog and pony show and has little to no professionalism in it. There is no "clientele" in this job, we go fill fucking cabinets all day and show stupid canned "presentation." This job could be done by a fucking WebEx and a Fed Ex delivery guy. I love it b/c I get paid a lot and go through my day on autopilot.

You people take yoursleves too seriously. Quit whining and cash your paycheck. Pussies.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with above post. There are too many worthless reps on the Pfizer welfare system right now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You definitely have the easy DBM. You'd be miserable with mine, pussy or not.