Stop the Ride-alongs!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are no longer a sensible way to do business. They do not help and only hurt relationships. Please stop them. Don't you see?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more. It's a complete fake day and the doctors get so annoyed by it. Managers should be there to help reps grow their busy by working on strategy, not good openers. It's just too bad that there are so many bad managers that have no idea how to do that. They are to concerned with getting the call average up. Those days are the biggest waste of time! We need less managers, and bigger teams so this can be accomplished. And we need better managers. I am with the company for over a decade and I've had about 1 good manager.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one of my friendies had the RBU presidente riding along today, but it was supposed to be a secret, but we have no secrets in Ohio.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's true. When we did each other in the storage unit, we thought that was a secret too but now everyone knows.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot. Please stop posting here. Only little bitches complain about field rides. If you really had the relationships, you wouldn't care who rode with you and how many times. Get off of the Pfizer welfare system.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy sh--, all kidding aside there is nothing, absolutely nothing beneficial about ride-alongs. It is an archaic, useless relic of our industry. It is so laughable to us and our clientele. It is in some ways indicative of why we as adults troll on these CP and similar websites, because we find ourselves as adults, some of us in our 30's, 40's, 50's who still have to deal with someone sitting in our passenger seat two days a month. So we come on here to vent on this website because as we all sit home and hold our breath until we find out if we have jobs or not, yet we STILL have to play the game of dealing with ride alongs. Even the managers know how f-ing dumb it is. So....if you can guarantee that I will have useless ride-alongs for the next few years then guarantee me my job for the next few years. If not, THEN GET THE F--CK OUT OF MY CAR!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a passive little wimp. Grow a pair.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I enjoy my ridealongs. DM and I start at around nine to review reports and discuss strategy. Start calls at ten or ten thirty. Go to lunch around twelve at the best places. The afternoon starts at one or one thirty and DM leaves between two to three. The great thing about my DM is that he tries to fit in with the office and be a real person, not the Pfizer droid. But of course I am a tenured rep and not a Ken or Barbie type that needs a babysitter. I believe my DM feel's a sense of relief when he rides with me, because I am a professional and know what to do. I do not need to be told how to do everything. He has told me how incredibly stupid the younger reps in our district are and how they lack people skills. According to him they piss more people off than they create relationships with.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your DM disses your colleagues in front of you, eh? Sounds like a real gem! Have you ever wondered what your DM says about you during ride alongs with your colleagues? Tell your DM to go find a more appropriate wingman. Try to do some managing up and do the rest of your team a favor.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lucky you. My DBM is a Pfizer droid telling us exactly what to say. If you have people skills, they are squashed. The droid reps are favored by her.

Get off your high horse, too.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real wimp is someone who goes on CP and crys because their boss spends 1 day a month with them, while in other jobs people work with their boss every day. Most reps are the biggest bunch of whiners.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pharma selling model hasn't changed in 50 years,, obviously how medicine is practiced and how offices and docs operate their business have....too many folks in HQ have a vested interest in keeping the old system (kinda like the former Soviet Union) because it justifies their jobs ....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah. A whiner who is hung like a Clydesdale!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They got rid of all the good DM's awhile ago

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My Dm brings along chicken breast that he cooks himself for a mid-morning and afternoon snack. It smells like crap, and so does his breath. Ugh.............

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your so called great DM should not be discussing what other members of the team are doing wrong. I could understand him coming to you to mentor some od the younger reps with developing skills sets. Do not trust this DM if he is willing to discuss personnel issues with another rep.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like this DM is very frustrated with the rest of you team and needs someone to confide in. Perhaps the weaker members of your team will be reduced in the next reduction.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disagree completely. If you are a senior, tenured PHR/DSR that the DBM trusts, they may well confide in you certain issues that are NOT for public discussion with the rest of the team. My DBM values my feedback and judgement, and he understands that I often see another side to some of the other district members (good and/or bad). I know if I were a DBM I would want a senior district member to act in this capacity.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are a fucking rep. he should not be speaking with you either. the dm should grow up too. you do not understand this, perhaps this is why you are not a dm, and i would bet you are half as good as you think you are. if this piece of shit dm is the one who is telling you are are so great, take it the same way you would as your dog liking you all the time.