Help! What would u do ?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was fired for a compliance issue that I didn't do. Accused of writing on a sample box. Someone called the hotline and said it was me. No chance to discuss "charges" not shown proof , not told who called , nothing. WTF? What are my options?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have none unless you signed an employment contract.

If you were falsely accused, you can try to sue the accuser for slander and some other causes of action. If it was an employee of a doctor's office, then sue the doctor, too.

Other than that, just suck it up and move on.

Me? I'd go ninja on the MFer.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did they accuse you of writing on the sample box?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was the drug? And what was written on it?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sounds like such a small issue to get canned over. Were you having issues in the past where this was just the final straw?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call compliance and report the department of compliance.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about if they wrote was "this drug gives a slight buzz when taken in high doses." Nothing wrong with letting them know about the added advantages is there? Just think, they could call that they "Sharpie detail".

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the offices that require you to write the expiration date on the box or blister pack. Is this a compliance violation? It is a Catch 22 situation.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That can't be the only reason you were let go. For a company to fire you for CAUSE with such sketchy details opens them up to a lawsuit BIG TIME. Seems like something else has occurred.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been in pharma many years here. Reps have been disciplined for violations in the field and I am not trying to dismiss the seriousness of the subject. If the above person was let go for reasons stated, so sorry. I hope you seek counseling and move forward with best option for you.

But every so often, a post, rumor, urban legend, or other stuff regarding "FDA" agents stopping reps and searching cars in parking lots, or "Agents" following reps around (GPS) or "reps" being fired for 'odd things' surfaces. In my experience, I've seen these rumors spread when reps have been let go for various reasons or possible LAYOFFS or as a scare tactic from immature managers or competitors. And with the re-deployment, it would make sense for such stories to pop up.

PDMA regulations should be taken seriously and followed as prescribed by company - but should never used thoughtlessly. I hate it when they are.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly.... We had this nimrod who had about 5 separate issues and it still took nearly a year to get rid of him. Some were compliance issues, others performance-related. Didn't matter. Firing people at Pfizer is not easy, which is why I always view such claims ("I was fired over one minor incident") with suspicion.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is true, then get the evidence and a handwriting expert together with a good employment attorney. However, they likely would not have fired you unless the case is iron clad. Biggest reason is that lay-offs are pending and they could easily just taken you out without a lawsuit hanging over them. Therefore, I'm am led to believe they got an iron clad case on you that was agrevious enough not to give you severence.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so sorry about the crap grammar but you get the picture

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM here. Sorry, but there has to be more to your termination than you mentioned. Your explanation of the events would warrant a probationary type of discipline UNLESS you had prior issues or warnings. Samples taken from offices with proof, falsifying calls in the computer etc., would be offenses that warrant termination. You must be "selectively" explaining your situation to benefit your case.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you get any severance? If so, count your blessings and move the fuck on.