1 Million people can't be wrong

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Sep 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. 1 Reason People Quit Their Jobs

More than 1 million employees can't be wrong, so bosses take heed of this. A Gallup poll of more 1 million employed U.S. workers concluded that the No. 1 reason people quit their jobs is a BAD BOSS or immediate supervisor.

"People leave managers not companies...in the end, turnover is mostly a manager issue," Gallup wrote in its survey findings. The effect of poor management is widely felt. Gallup also determined that poorly managed work groups are on average 50 percent less productive and 44 percent less profitable than well-managed groups.

When the Web site Badbossology.com did its own online survey of 1,118 people, it found that fully half of us working slobs would fire our own bosses if we could. Nearly 30 percent would have their boss seen by a workplace psychologist, but just 23 percent would send their boss for management training.

Bad bosses are bad for business. Badbossology.com lists some of the common bad boss behaviors in case you need help identifying them in your own manager:

Bullying
    Incompetence
    Harassment and discrimination
    Inadequate compensation
    Not respecting your legal rights
    Privacy invasion

Sometimes a boss is just a big bully. And when that happens, it can create fear in the workplace. The New York Times says bully bosses enjoy making subordinates squirm and run for cover. Why do cruel bosses not only survive, but also thrive? "What we're finding," Dr. Calvin Morrill of the University of California at Irvine, told Times reporter Benedict Carey, "is that some of the behaviors that we think most protect us are what in fact allow the behavior to continue. Workers become desensitized, tacitly complicit, and don't always act rationally."

Unlike the playground, bully bosses pick on people their own size and bigger--that is, in terms of power and authority. And while women are more likely to be the target of a bully boss, women bosses are just as likely as men to be the aggressors, notes the Times.

While bullying lets bosses threaten subordinates and rope in scapegoats for their failures, usually it's done just for the fun of being the one in power. They bully because they can.

THIS IS ORAPHARMA. THIS IS THE LIFE WE LIVE AND THE EXPERIENCE OF THOSE WHO LEFT OR WERE FORCED OUT!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I second the harassment and discrimination!!! I even wrote a letter concerning the harassment and discrimination against me... That was over a YEAR ago, and I've still heard nothing!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best of luck!

I wish I had done the same thing. Not one to wish ill on others but I can't wait to watch the down fall of a select few that still exist there. One in particular knows he did wrong. Can't wait to hear the great news when he gets what he deserves.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a matter of time before the snot hits the fans here. Our SAM told us of a recently fired AM who was up for a SAM role in March/April. He wasn't under a letter or nothing. In May he was put on plan and let go in August. Talk about a cowardly blindside. Lol. Why would his Manager allow him to spend the time going through the process if he was even close to a letter? I don't get it. Pretty spineless thing to do.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evidence of the talent here today. "He wasn't on a letter or nothing." I agree with your sentiment but clean up your writing skills. Unless you're shooting to be this guys replacement. In which case, you're hired!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is nothing to joke about. basically any one of us could be out of a job in 2 months ?!? how can anyone think the culture here is good? by the way this rep is not the only one with this outcome. i'm scared and i'm getting my resume ready.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we should bring bullying back...makes everyone stronger in the end and the weak get pushed out. There is something to having thick skin especially in sales.

Bullying 2015!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the pushing the weak out. There would be at least 6 RM spots up for grabs (4 in the East and 2 in the West), a Corporate Trainer, and a National Sales Director. Finally someone with a good idea!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullying is already here

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard at least 1 maybe 2 more heads on the block by December 1.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a fallen world buddy. It is what it is. YOU have to do your part and do your job. If that is not enough for you manager, then find another job. No point in fighting it. I would just stand my ground and dot the I and cross the T...and it that is not enough for the puke managing me or the company I am working for, then I will take unemployment and look for another job....

still, if you network and seek to find a better fit for you employment, you will find it. Seek and you will find. Trust me. it works everytime.

managers in corporations today are a total joke anyway...NEVER be intimidated by them, and don't take their shit. as long as you are putting in your 8-5 everyday, get your paperwork in on time, you are good.

good luck!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG! I want to work for this guy!