Corentec

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone seen any of this in their territory? Korean company selling joints way below asp and offering hospital a service contract for case cover?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not yet. What are they selling them for? Whats the service contract selling for?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi I am a distributor for Corentec, would you mind sharing what part of the country you are in. They recently hired new management for the U.S. and this may be part of their plan of expanding.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Corentec is a joke! The former VP, Michael Son, knows nothing about total joints or general ortho and left me hanging in the OR when he could not answer any technical questions about the system and left my surgeon fuming. He was not invited back to the hospital nor was his crappy knee system. The tibial component is not even highly crosslinked! They finally fired him.

I met with them at AAOS on that news and was even more disappointed to discover their line extensions are crap and their management is even worse. Yes, even more ignorant and clueless than Michael Son. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE FOR THIS COMPANY. I had to enforce litigation to receive the commissions on the less than handful of cases I got them. Their rationale was that their VP was in the OR so they refused to pay me. Michael begged me to allow him to observe since he had only been in 4 cases in 3 years on the job (stellar sales performance I assume). This was just last year in 2014! I guess that's what you get when you hire a former, mediocre kyphoplasty rep and give him a big title and let him lead an Ortho company?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All that being true, the business model concerns me. Here is a company with virtually no overhead, no reps and offering hospitals pricing that is 40-60% what we are currently offering. The race to the bottom is underway no doubt, but I fear this sort of practice will have hospitals coming to us expecting the same sort of discounts "or else".

They have no technology, no history, no lineage, but they have a knee and a hip that they are willing to give away for about 2k.....with bundled payments looming, it's something to consider.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't assume that having moderately or highly cross linked poly is a good thing.

PFC Sigma with regular poly has outstanding results in the national registries at 9-12 years.

Fancy poly is just not needed in the knee and there is no evidence that DePuy's fancy poly works in humans.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maxx knees selling for 1400

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

East coast there dropping crazy low prices. Saw that as well

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are surgeons using them? Are you losing business in price?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only losing business to shady surgeons accepting cash payments... DOJ will find them soon.