should I be sad or happy

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Dec 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the end of a great experience?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i almost fell out of my seat laughing. a "great experience"? Are you serious? you really think working for OraPharma is a great experience. No new products, no progression with insurance acceptance, unattainable goals, high turnover, etc.

I left OraPhara a couple years ago and it was the best decision ever - both financially and mentally. This is one case when the case is greener on the other side.

A great experience. You don't get out much do you

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That posting is exactly what's awful about working at Orapharma. It's a bunch of unskilled lunch delivery people with zero professional experience. The managers here were once probably somewhat decent sales people who have become the most uninspiring managers ever. Our executive level management (term used loosely) has people such as RP who were AT BEST category managers before they were appointed to lead a sales team. It's a high school mentality with reps who play the system to eek out a 10-2pm work day with Friday's off and complaining all the while. Maybe you should be sad because if you were happy with this sh**sandwich for so long...it's not going to be any easier going forward.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

..So wait, is what you tell a hiring Manager or HR Rep when you're interviewing for a job? I'll bet it isn't! I'll bet you sing the fu*&ing Orapharma song like Barry White. Let me guess, you were here years ago thinking that it would sell itself. Then one day you got displaced because you couldn't part decision makers with their money. Of course you were outed for being a failure for not being able to "deliver the lunch" and subsequently got fired.

So you come in here and try to make people feel bad or inadequate because you fu&*ed up. And now you're bagging those lunches for guys like us, wishing you were back here and able to be a "seller."

Oh yeah, next time I ask for spicy mustard on my sandwich, reach for the yellow one, ya putz! Not the white one.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This response is ridiculous. You cannot possibly believe that it's that difficult to get barely educated (or even the smart) hygenists and/or busy dentists to understand and buy this product? It's a two pronged strategic sell focusing in on either health benefits or profitability, contingent on the practice culture. That's why people work from 10-2pm, because it's easy. Let's go gentle on the term "seller", this is such a slight step above a pharma job that saying it's true sales would be lying.

There was no intent to make people feel bad. Anyone who is at OP that has a brain in their head is making this job work for their benefit with respect to finances, time management and benefits. We just have to put up with dummies like you who aren't able to think your way out of a wet paper bag.