Dropping like flies!

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So 3 more resignations TODAY! Are these guys leaving voluntarily or is this a result of the UEMs?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this is a result of not getting an UEM but of the atmosphere and attitude OP has adopted. I felt that as soon as the quarter ended and AM's made goal they would start leaving. The UEM just help push them out the door. Pretty soon all the GOOD AM's will have moved on to good jobs and all that will be left will be??????????? Personally our regions RM is a dick and I can't wait to leave. Interviewing like crazy but I am going to cherry pick. Don't be surprised if you see more and more AM leave. Cracking the whip like this isn't going to get that bitch and RP what they want. Or maybe everyone leaving is what they want!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure if anyone has noticed but most of those 'resigning' or 'being moved to new roles' (ie demoted) are women and new replacements are men! (With exception of those rumored to have hooked up with RP). Also, RP newest memo citing 'internal promotion opportunities' I guarantee will be filled by people outside of OP. Matt's speech at NSM about wanting to help AMs grow and move up is not the reality. OP had no intention of promoting within or doing anything to build moral within the current sales force. Maybe you're right and they want us all out but they better be careful. If there proves to be a pattern of many more women leaving, demoted, or being denied promotion... I see a discrimination lawsuit in their future.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who quit? Initials?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company was sold by JNJ to a venture capital company. JNJ is/was a decent company to move around with as seen in the other posts here of the people from OPHM that moved on. It's not perfect but they had cool programs, albeit in New Brunswick, that allowed training and connection to other JNJ people and companies. If you were so inclined and able, this allowed many to move on.

OPHM now is owned by a company interested in generating a return (not that JNJ wasn't), and 'not so much' on the people stuff. If people resign, are fired, let go, demoted, whatever, they'll be replaced.

I'm DEFINITELY not supporting this approach but providing some perspective so when people get mad about why things are happening the way they are they see the strategy behind it. As some would say, it's not personal. Well, as "You've Got Mail"'s best scene shows you, it's always personal:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DN57r3-xzE

Maybe our new owners should watch this movie to get a sense of what OPHM was and could be with people who actually take perio seriously. Oh wait, we did that in the marketing stuff JL, DW and BS led. Right. Wish we'd listened to them then and kept more of those guys.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RP and company have had this new reorganization in the works for some time. That's why all the UEM started going out. The people who quit in my region have not been replaced and are not going to be. Remember when all the top heavy Mnagement was let go? Now here we go again. Lots of upper management and firing or driving out AM's. This company is on the road to destruction and they can't even learn from past mistakes. The oportunities for promotion when we were with J&J are gone. When they sold us we were not allowed to apply for J&J jobs anymore. So where do we have to go? NOT UP!!!! OUT!!!!!

And can any explain what a SAD does. There are three directors with no one reporting to them and they don't seem to have any function. But remember they have to get rid of the AM's to pay these new management their 6 figure salaries. Directors even if they don't have any function.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have inside people been interviewing for these positions? I'm new and not at a level that would qualify, but I also havent heard or seen postings about the jobs either. Are they promoting from within at all anymore? Isnt that one of the things MC said was important to him? Not trying to be negative, just want the facts.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please note that most of the upper management jobs on JP's e-mail are from outside the company. RM's are being hired from outside the company. AM's are not being replaced. Does that answer your question???? Nothing but bullshit happening here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree I was contacted by a RDS about a management position and he spent time trying to understand my experience and he is working with me to make sure that I gain experience. I dont want to travel but I thought it was cool that he called me.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, let me get this straight. You admittedly do not have any management experience and you were not applying for a management position but an RDS contacted you, spent a great deal of time ferreting out the fact that you are not qualified for a management position but he is working with you so that you will get experience for a management position that you admittedly do not want as you state you do not want to travel (something a manager must do frequently).
    And this RDS is helping you to advance to a position you do not want. Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. If you are going to make up fabrications please think them out more thoroughly. What a joke!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is not how it went. I thought it was cool that someone took an interest in talking to me about what I wanted to do in the future and work with me to gain experience to become a manager. If that's a bad thing, I guess i'm an asshole.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you are not an asshole, I am. We have had a RM that took no interest in us or was interested in us improving ourselves in any way. He has left and we now have a substitute. This man is something else. Like you stated he is interested in our development, wants our input, listens to us, and generally is just like what you wrote in your post. I personally am blown away by this guy as I have not experienced anything like him. Our RM had no interest in us and ruled by fear always threatening us and doom and gloom for us. Needless to say we were demoralized but a change has come and I personally am amazed by this substitute. I only hope he finds a new RM for us just like him. I have to say I am sorry for being so negative towards your post but for many years now we have never heard anything like what you posted. I hope the positive reinforcement continues and our old RM stays far far away from us. He used the BEM to torture and threaten us. No help from him. Thought these BEM's for to help us improve. Not so with him. Used them like a club and enjoyed beating us over the head. Again sorry I posted that reply to you. My perspective has been changed dramatically!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know who posted the above and I couldn't agree with her more!! A change has come and the AM's that were not the RM's "pets" got the worst of it. We are so glad that this is happening!!! Thank you!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left op 6 years ago. Best decision ever. For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would work for this crappy company

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree with you more. Some people stay because they don't have to make goal because they get a "pass" from their managers because they are their snitches and some stay because they are shitty sales people and are just glad for a job and some people stay looking for the perfect job. But the good ones will leave when the right opportunity comes along. And those will be Orapharma's big loss.