LAYOFF DATE

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go live January 1, 2014. 60 day warn, announcements November 1, a Friday.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your source?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Black Friday - How Appropriate. . . .

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Third week of October for reps.
    Week before for managers
    Regional managers 1st week of October
    Higher ups- End of September- as we were already told

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

again...your source for this? two different people on this thread with 2 different for sure dates. someone is lying

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone is lying??! EVVERYONE is lying!! THERE IS NO CREDIBLE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE. It is all speculation. Period.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm going with November 12 since it works with the timeline and it is my BIRTHDAY!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think about it...layoffs in 2009 were on a TUESDAY!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If any of you reps. had a long enough attention span to remember the timelines of the past layoffs, then you would be able to know approx. when future ones will occur. Highest level execs. always hear first, then RD level, then DM level, then rep. level. If layoffs will be occurring in 2013, then the month of notification will be in Sept. for execs., and Oct. for everyone else in the chain. Previous timelines have already given you this notification. You people who keep asking these questions are like third graders with no attention spans. Its embarrassing how many people like this are in this company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is your timeline?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My timeline? put me down for $20. Regional parasites end of Sept as already announced. State directors October 11. Other parasitic people filled in over next 3 weeks. DM's on Nov 8th (Monday is a National holiday) and reps on Tuesday November 12.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think everyone will know by mid-October. New org will be in place by Jan. 1st, and will be pretty much as outlined in the email. I think C1 has the most exposure, and would expect 20-40% reductions, based on how many vacancies in other clusters are filled w/ C1 reps & mgrs between now and then.

After that, the stated plan is to leave the new structure in place for 3 years, to get a sense of the profitability of each of the 3 groups. At that point I would not be surprised to see one of the 3 spun off a la Animal Health (Value/generics business is the most likely target if you believe the industry analysts in the media). In the interim we may see some product acquisitions and/or licensing agreements, and who knows, maybe even an approval or two of an in-house product(s). That would certainly be helpful WRT each of our prospects for continued employment at Pfizer.

A case can still be made for the ROI of field sales, albeit in a leaner structure (see C2, 3, & 4 - get ready for a lot more windshield time and overnights). Things may be different in 3 years, especially if ObamaCare blows up our business model. No one, including Ian, knows for sure what will happen between now and then. No use worrying yourself into an early grave over it. Just keep working your job and your network so you are prepared for any scenario that plays out.

Best of luck to all.