Decentralized model

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MP is constantly pointing to Valeant's decentralized business model as a key advantage over other pharma companies. What does he mean by decentralized model and does it convey big benefits vs what other companies do? From a glance it seems like decentralization = acquire a company, fire a bunch of folks, don't bother integrating the survirors, talk up next acquisition. But maybe I am missing something and it truly is a unique model.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Decentralized means to Mike Pearson that he doesn't have to take an 'active' interest in anything. He protects his own ass by sending cronies to do the dirty work like laying people off, assigning more work to existing employees, firings. Mike Pearson's view of decentralized management is to acquire as many companies as possible with existing 'profit' products in the next 5-10 years. As those products fall off, he acquires more companies to maintain the profit level. HOWEVER, THE DEBT THAT VALEANT CARRIES RIGHT NOW IS HUGE!!!!! How is Mike Pearson going to trade those companies who no longer have current products for a profit?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Operating cash flow, the world needs more haters- keep it coming we'll just keep on exercising options and laugh at your wanna be posts, lick it suckers

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the tip, Wallstreet.
    But you'll be going to jail so on enough....Bud Fox....or is it Gordon Gecko?
    Not important who you are (Mike Pearson)...I hear say that Hell is a shitty place, which is where you are going to end up, so it all evens out in the end. No sweat off my sack, you loser.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As the late Bon Scott sang- going down, party time, my friends are going to be there too.. I'm on the highway to hell... sing it for me sweaty ballsack- if we are Enron who gives a rats ass we make coin , so what if you have to sell your soul- if the goods on the left then I'm stickin to the right

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Operating cash flow? Unfortunatly valeant harldy generates any based on GAAP accounting. Only $800 million of operating cash flow over the past year vs an increasingly worrisome debt load of $17 billion. No wonder the company is begging for a merger-of-equals, the only way they generate cash is by borrowing money and now the banks won't lend them more and they need to find a partner to pay their bills

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$136+, I'm dirty,mean , mighty unclean I'm a wanted man Public enemy #1- Understand

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total revenue for 2013 is expected to be in the range of $5.7 billion to $5.9 billion and adjusted Cash Flow from Operations is expected to be greater than $1.8 billion.

See me ride out of the sunset on your color tv screen out for all that I can get if you know what I mean- cause I'm TNT

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TNT - $1.8B is "adjusted" cash flow where mgmt discretionarily excludes a bunch of cash closts that have been present for each of the past 16 quarters. Actual GAAP cash flow the company receives is over 50% lower than this. And unfortunately you need actual cash, not conjured cash, to pay off debt.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line who give a hoot, if it is Ponzi, Madoff, Enron, or Gordon G- does not matter. If you are not putting your retirement money in company stock why does it matter.Getting paid and paid well. If the shit hits the fan so what. We will buy a bunch of stuff this year and hopefully make a shit load off of that, are you bitter or maybe you are the expert and we should be asking you for financial advice. Either way as Bon ( RIP) passed the baton in 1980- I'm rolling thunder, pouring rain I come along like a hurricane.........

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Won't it be interesting when FDA starts going through Valeant and finds all kinds of goodness. I think a lot of peoples retirement funds might take a hit when that happens. Just a matter of time.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA, you are truly a hater, your bag must of got chaffed in one of the deals and your wife makes you do too many chores, blast some AC/DC and tell her to get a real job, just not in our "decentralized model" because we will own this whole space soon enough- here's to $200 in 2014- Go Mikey Go

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My wife makes good money and I still work there, unfortunately. I do know some things though. Oh, and if the stock hits $200 congrats but I would unload ASAP if that happens. It's just a matter of time before the house of cards crumbles.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sour grapes. Sorry you didn't make it here. Go Mike Go!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you the company cheerleader?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should we be a pessimist like you? Or should we run with it and make as much as we can? There are those like you who are betting against Mike. That is fine our cabal is just fine with that. Best of luck with you and your very "unique " point of view- as they say only time will tell. Until then a little Bon for ya - On the day I was born the rain fell down, there was trouble brewing in my home town, it was the 7th day, I was the 7th son, and it scared the hell out of everyone- They said stop I said go they said fast I said slow they said yes and I said no - I do the bad boy boogie

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it affects you or your family in a negative way would you still support this position?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I chose to work in pharma, it was a voluntary decision. Pharma has been consolidating for 2 decades or more. IE Glaxo, Bourroughs Welcome- Allergan spun off, Smith Cline. Schering Merck. Parke Davis- Pfizer, we could go on and on. I also signed an offer that says I work "at will" - that means there are no guarantees. I hear what you are saying but this sector is so different than it was 5,10,20 etc years ago. If you don't overspend like most Americans and live each day - all the rest is just hoopla. I am not a believer in Valeant always being the bad guy. They make no bones about how they do business. If you happen to interview for them or are acquired YOU HAVE A CHOICE, stay or leave. Honestly , I am so confident in my ability to be an earner that is does not matter to me in the least. And that's all I got to say about that