Working in corporate?

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview in corporate (finance). What's it like working there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quite a few people are bad fits. Some people are inept due to lack of experience or degrees. Can you imagine hiring senior roles with non degreed individuals? Just sad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contemplating a change to Valeant - is there ANYTHING good about this company? Are salaries comparable to other pharmas for headquarters folks? Please help me out here, I don't want to make a mistake and jump from the frying pan into the fire. Honest replies appreciated.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away. This place sucks. Are you kidding me. Read the post.

5. Manonymous

Manonymous Guest

I highly recommend reading "Worst Pharm Company Ever" post. Very accurate.

If you currently have a decent paying job, stay where you are and keep looking.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go away, you just sound like Sour Grapes!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You go away, you schmuck.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is VC doing in his product management role?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does not work here anymore

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Degrees don't mean a damn thing. In fact, most MBA's without long-term field experience that take over a pharma company end up destroying both the companies long-term financials and the company employees' morale. Give me a guy with long-term field sales experience, and some DM experience, every time. You put real pharmaceutical guys with that experience into upper management, and the company would rock, employees would be enthusiastic, and numbers would go through the roof. It is a simply industry, if you have experience and can think on your feet, and think for yourself. Common sense and knowing what is right, and then doing what is right is a winner every time. Most over educated degreed idiots have lost common sense, have lost simple goodness to know and do what is right, and are simply trying to fit the companies they manage into some obscure template they learned in school, or at some big pharma workshop. Degrees simply mean you can memorize stuff long enough to ace a test; it has no baring on ones ability to reason through the pharmaceutical business environment, which requires common sense, experience, and reasoning abilities.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy hopping snot...obviously some pea brain who was spoon fed "degrees don't matter" after not getting into a county college. Anyone with common sense and any sense of self-motivation would realize you need a college degree to be competitive in the pharmaceutical industry...it's a science-based field...maybe you're better suited selling cars.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah, all about memorization....came in handy when I took my pharmacy exams...NOT.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen, Brotha!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever happened to Sue Hall and her uneducated friend Charity? Did they start their own company? Sure they must be in big demand.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I saw them on tv getting married.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that's funny!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both heading to Endo. Endo will never be the same. Sue will pay her sidekick $400/hour for bullying, intimidation and lack of experience and knowledge. That's what you get nowadays for $400/hr- uneducated friend of the big boss.

Good luck....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An uneducated friend of the boss is the director of aesthetics sales. Looks like a trend.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working in finance should be a very easy job, except all the phone calls from bill collectors. You won't have to worry about the paying bills or writing checks, Valeant does not believe in that.