Valeant Steinbach

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:02 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please discuss. lol

2. It sucks. They keep cutting back people and somehow the people left in manufacturing are supposed to increase productivity and be in multiple process rooms at the same time. It is a farce place to be.

3. What really gets my goat is how is one supposed to get real time done by/check by signatures when there is only one operator in the process room, because there are not enough people to comply with cGMP manufacturing rules/laws.
    Cross reference some batch records from the same day and time and one would see the same signatures at the exact same time from completely different process rooms. But if one, as a manufacturing operator raises concerns about it, you get effectively blacklisted.
    It is such buush$t at that place. And all for 13 bucks an hour.

4. LOL. Valeant's manufacturing facility in Steinbach, MB is a hell hole to work at because of all the politics and little VIP cliques within the facility.
    Human Resources is just there to protect management, if one is an actual manufacturing operator, one is on their own.
    They set one up to fail from the start, unless one sucks up (worships) to just the right people from day one.
    Thumbs down, thumbs way down to ever working at that place.

5. fishbowl

fishbowl Guest

Worst place I ever worked.
    Just glad to be long gone from there!

6. trev

trev Guest

I think they should take away the vending machines in the cafeteria.....ooops, already done! So much for that CI Project.
    I know.....for a CI Project.....make the manufacturing operators share their uniforms across shifts with others! That will save the company some money!!!! And make the ops reuse their hairnets, just IPA the hairnets between uses!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry guys. You still have two winners to look after you, the VP of RA Steve and the Head of QA Ann (LOL). They are real winners since they let treh best in their group go.

8. blue collar

blue collar Guest

There are a lot of bigshot pricks who like to call the shots at Valeant Steinbach.
    This thread has hit the nail on the head and I agree and concur with everything having been posted thus far as related to Valeant Steinbach.
    Once certain powers that be have decided to make an individual a target, you can be sure one's working life will be a living hell at that place. Even when one does things exactly right, once can be sure to get flack for it. It's a no win situation. It's stinks of bullish*t.
    And the bullish*t slides down from the top.

9. Fat Boy CEO

Fat Boy CEO Guest

Heeeheee. I will chew you all up and spit you all out.
    I am in charge and only care about making myself richer.
    I don't care about rules, laws, nor pharma regulations.
    My mandate is buy up, layoff, slice and dice and slash the companies I buy, apart.
    Welcome to Valeant. Welcome to hell.

10. STNemployee

STNemployee Guest

Well, the stuff that has been mentioned is this thread is very true about Valeant Steinbach.
    And after reading the 'Mass Exodus time' thread on this same message board, I feel inspired to quit my job at Valeant Steinbach. It's a sh*tty place to work, unless one likes to get stepped on and bent over everyday.
    TIME TO QUIT!!!!!!

11. Stoney Brook

Stoney Brook Guest

It should be noted that just recently, Steinbach Valeant layed off numerous people (some even volunteered just to show how desperate some are to get out of there, lol). I think the number was around 39 or 40 heads gone....something like that.

Smooth moving Mike Peasron. Start cutting people are your major Canadian manufacturing facility....YOU KNOW, the place that actually MAKES the freaking products, the people who are for dang sure getting paid a lot less than all these crybaby sales reps and upper management who do jack sh*t all day and get expense accounts and company cars and what not.

Yup, Valeant is a sinking ship alright. Make no mistake about it.
    Guess who will be left behind to go down with the ship. Yup, the production people. As always. They will get all the blame and no severance, no nothing. Just a dumpload of sh*t on their heads, as always.

12. Hans

Hans Guest

Working in production at Valeant Steinbach SUCKS!!!!
    One gets treated like a piece of unwanted dirt!!! :-(
    Valeant will suck your desire to live out of you. :-(

13. Potsy

Potsy Guest

Don't worry, somebody there is training to get a blackbelt in Lean Manufacturing. We are ALL saved! (snicker, chortle, LOL)
    Maybe they can save some money by moving the office staff to a shift rotation, that way they can share desks, chairs, computers, etc. and reduce the amount of electricity being consumed on a daily basis! They can sell the extra workstations, office dividers, etc. and recoup some expenses this way.
    Office staff at Valeant Steinbach....get ready for shift rotation!!!

14. RightWay

RightWay Guest

Wow. This Valeant Steinbach place sounds like a real messed up place to work.
    I sure would not want to take any prescription products made at this plant's facility.
    Anything that comes from Valeant is sure to be inferior/shoddy due to all their costcutting measures. Sheesh!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if us "crappy" sales reps didnt sell the product, your ass wouldn't have a job. some of us work really hard to met or exceed the difficult goals imposed on us.

16. Stoney Brook

Stoney Brook Guest

lol. and if the product does not get manufactured, YOU can't sell it.
    My point is that upper management could care less about the product and if it is being made properly (case in point, keep making it more difficult for manufacturing to do it properly with cutbacks all the time).
    Making this shit ain't easy, seems to me that manufacturing should be getting some of the company money funneled into it instead of some douche salesperson working 2 hours a day talking on the phone and cruising around in company vehicles.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

which specific products of valeants do you manufacter at this plant?

18. Stomey Brook

Stomey Brook Guest

One can visit the Valeant website to find that information out.
    I will refrain from further comment, otherwise I may divulge too much information and be held legally liable.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to Steinbach? During the Biovail days it was one of the best places to work. People seemed happy.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly.
    One can squeeze a tube of toothpaste only so much to get the last of the paste out it. Valeant just keeps squeezing the tube even though it is completely empty.
    Upper management is the issue. They have destroyed the happiness which was once there.