Car

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 31, 2013 at 8:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the car option !

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No option, you get a Hyundai Sonata, new , there actually not to bad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard it was a Maxima?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It used to be Maximas, (for the originally hired sales force)
    but now if you get a new car it will be the Sonata.
    Some reps might get a USED Maxima if its under 70,000 miles and came from a vacant territory. The Maximas all will be replaced to the Sonata when they hit 70,000 miles.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does your company allow you a choice of a company car or car allowance? Some progressive biotechs allow you a choice. I would rather take a car allowance than a sonata. Please let me know as this is part of my decison making process.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, car allowance option. Company car only, sorrry

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can this be negotiated with the job offer? I have done this before and it works out great for both parties. I can not believe a bio tech would not allow a car allowance. has anyone tried? Pleaee respond as I am going to interviews in Dallas and want to be prepared if this is an option.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, don't be a r*****, you cant.
    Do you think you can do this at Amgen, Merck, Glaxo, Forest, Lilly, Janssen, Ect. ?
    No you cant, were no different.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wrong. And why are there no SUV on the list???? This is BS

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unmarked Ford Crown Vic--Many headed for California.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New company car is 2014 Toyota Camery

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one asked--simply making statement of trouble--unmarked crown Vic is more of a possibility in your driveway than a 2014 Camry if you are still working for Avanir or if I would like to pose as a shortseller AVNR

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that's funny!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand everyone's interest in what the company cars are at any company. But let me give you a warning (first.....yes......it will be a Toyota Camry)........be careful coming to this company! If you really need a job because you have been laid off or are in a terrible situation at your current company then take the job. However, know this:

1. There has been 80% turnover in the NAM franchise which was the original group of people that were hired to launch Nuedexta (roughly 75 sales reps, etc). Almost all are gone with the exception of a few that are either still NAMS or now in the LNAM franchise.

2. This is a hard indication to sell and if you get LUCKY.....you will have a few prescribers that use it for other reasons (pain, agitation, etc).

3. Just because you hit your quota each quarter and over attain they expect double digit growth and this is a hard drug to do that with.

4. There are VERY FEW SALES REPS doing well quarter over quarter so keep this in mind. Basically, you have 12-15 months MAX and then you will be let go.

5. The company is under heavy watch right now for off label promotion and it is TRUE!

6. The management is mediocre here but they hired some amazing talent in the sale force so you will be with some great and tenured people but alot of them (us) are unhappy right now and are looking to leave!

Good luck. If the money and car are the only things you care about up front then take the job but keep an watchful eye out. They will wine and dine you at training and things will "SEEM" great here but wait til the curtain is pulled.....there's a high probability you wish you never came here and had this on your resume.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

80% turnover? It's high here but with 32 of the originals still here 3 years later, I think your 80% is exaggerated just like most things on this wonderful site. Or maybe there were 160 people in the original force instead of 78, you must have info the rest don't. But we should be happy for those that have gone because this site suggests they are all becoming wealthy whistleblowers. And of course they are happy to have left so there is no reason to think about Avanir anymore or spend time on a site bashing them. Oh wait . . .

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. Your numbers are wrong. Do you know how to count. Loser

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do know how to count which is why I went through the original list of 78 and compared to this weeks ic report. 32 names still the same, some NAMs some LNAMs some RBMs but they are still here. Or maybe Avanir just hired a replacement with the exact same name as the original NAM that is no longer here. Your right. That is probably more likely than it just being the same NAM who started at launch.

If you are still here you can verify this by looking in Dropbox. If you are not here, then just call me loser again, because you can't back up your assertion with any facts.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like J Hoover is still an ahole. More important than the 32 who are still there are the 46 who are not and I know at least 32 of the 46 who would sell Avanir down the river. If you don't think that's true, you must have spent the first two years hiding in the trunk of your Maxima. Don't forget about the handful of RBM's, members of the medical team (I.e Dewey), in house peeps, etc who have lots of dirty little secrets to tell.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at my original message. Never said turnover wasn't high just that your number was wrong. If all those who hate Avanir want to have more credibility then the need to include some facts instead if just making things up and hoping people buy it. Some posts are so outlandish and devoid of any facts or reason that it hurts the rest of the angry former or current employees that are trying to get buy in on their anti-avanir manifestos.