Mentor

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mentor Corporation (subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson) will be acquired Q1 2014 to complete Valeant's objective to become the primary company for the Plastic Surgery Arena. Mentor will continue business as usual as their sales force will be folded in to Valeant's. Postings for any vacancies will start in Novermber.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh that's funny, vacancies? He will cut through fatty Mentor like a knife in butter. He's salivating at the opportunity to kick butt in Santa Barbara with that bloated fat company. Of course the Weldon connection plays no part.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We should buy Sientra. From what I understand, Mentor is now the last of the three implant companies in market share. The surgeons are migrating to Sientra because 30% of Mentors original sales force migrated to Sientra and took their customers with them. Now Mentor has commoditized their product by selling on price dropping their profit margins, dropping their pants, and taking it squarely in the pooper. Only a matter of time before mentor goes BK.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel sorry for either Mentor or Sientra if we buy them. I'm from Medicis and must admit that although the marketing strength and weight that Valeant carries, this culture is too much. Now as a test run, I'm meeting with my Mentor rep and we are strategizing how we can give bulk discounts to compete with allergan. I'm being forced to lower my price along with my mentor rep so she can get some business.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, collusion. You do know there are anti-trust laws, right?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It can't be collusion, this is the directive from both JnJ and Valeant.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nowhere near collusion. There is a partnership between the companies in different areas not the same ones.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think Valeant will let me make a lateral move from Facial to the Breast Implant side? If so, do you think it would be a good idea to let my manager know ahead of time?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys and bimbos are the dumbest bunch on earth. Do you really think that JnJ will sell mentor to Valeant?!?! Should I ask my manager?!?! Do you get any dumber?!

"Why yes David, you can definitely apply. How did you hear of our impending $2,000,000,000.00 purchase? Oh you don't say, through cafepharma huh?".

It's no wonder none of you idiots work in anything more than a pharmaceutical (if that) position. We will never be sold to Valeant. Being forced to collaborate with you has already demonstrated how incompetent you all are.

Sincerely,

Efff Yu

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never say Never ....there's a price for everything.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Current Mentor Rep here,

Just want to give you a heads up, working for Mentor and now JnJ has been good. The landscape has changed (not for the better) over time w the entry of another competitor and being aquired. Yes, QOL is good, compensation for what we do here is excellent and this collaboration with Valent remains to be seen. It's a fierce competition with Allercans and Silimed aka Sientra aka Slimed because they only sell on price. We have the best implants, saline, Memory Shape and Memory Form and the only reason why we don't dominate is because the other two companies whore their products out. Be wary if you want to jump to our side in the sense that its not as easy as it seems. We really have to sell, not saying you don't but its a tangible item where they pay you for the sale. OR sales is competitive where everyone is trying to pick off cases from the others.

Just giving you all a heads up. If you have questions let me know as I will visit this post for a little while. Address me as RH.

Good luck,

Mr. Mentor

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't posted on this site in years, but what the hell. I have a interview tomorrow for sales opportunity with Sietra. I have never directly called on Plastic Surgeons, but know they are a great call point. My experience has been with Breast/General Surgeons and Radiologist (which I have completely dominated for 7 years). I am solid clinically, but get a lot of my business by taking docs out (dinner, drinks, etc..). I am high level rep and haven't made less that 180K for 5 years (best year 240K).

Assuming I hit quota, is the comp in line with what I accustomed to? What is going to make a surgeon switch if they are say, Mentor docs? Price? Better product? Annnnd, per my original assumption about quota, are they realistic?

Great jobs don't exactly grow on tree's in this biz anymore (certainly not like 10 years ago), so I am curious to hear everyone's take.

I'll end this by saying, I haven't made a habit of coming to this site in the past several years because of the stupid responses from internet comedians and tough guys. I will save you the trouble, I will not be making career decisions based on this site. General feedback from a few of you that are 'in the know' would be helpful.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Valeant reps are allowed to take twinkies to the docs nothing else.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BwahabahahaananNNaAaaaaaaaWhat kind of drug are you smoking (crack) when you reply to this Valeant board ?
    Collusion is the least of THIS BRX's worries right now. Just saying....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, so close to getting a meaningful response.
    Sorry bud, no serious discussion points are ever brought up here, let alone, serious answers.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha....thanks anyway. Exactly why I don't waste my time on this site. Bunch of chumps! Rather be out chasing some tail.....which exactly where I am headed now. Godspeed and thanks for nothing!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I prefer Ding Dongs.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to reply to your post with insight for your inquiries but am perplexed why you would come to a potentially direct competitors site to ask questions about a interview you will be taking. It seems a bit foolish to apply for Coke and go to a Pepsi board and ask about products, price and how to switch a Pepsi store To a coke store. Answer me this and I will definitely answer all of your questions about commp, quotas, calling on plastics, diff between MNT, Sientra, and Agn implants, salin vs gel, expander vs expander and form stable implants as well.

Rob

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

did someone say coke :)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. You are quite the statistition there.
    Nice job of throwing out a bunch of crap names which no one really
    cares about. NO ONE. CARES. ABOUT.
    Once again, proof that....sales reps are completely....FULL OF CRAP.