Equity Grant

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need an objective answer from Valeant employees (I know it's cafepharma but still). How does it work at Valeant? New to this place and just got the email about it. Is it significant and what are details?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stock that vests after 3 yrs! Read the email and call your boss for the specifics in terms of how many?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get that part. What about the 50% multiplier? Also, you have to be employed for those three years correct? Boss doesn't know anything. New to her as well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bwahahahaha.
    another rube question from another rube person.
    i will just leave it at that. and best of luck! bwahahaha

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50% multiplier! that's news to me??????

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not know if this is true for all equity grants given by Valeant. The RSU's that were granted in 2011, which just vested, apparently had a multiplier if the stock price saw 15% gains each year over the duration of the vesting period. In 2011, the stock was trading around $40. To meet this criterion, the stock would have to be trading at $61 at the vesting date. As it's trading around $140, clearly the criterion was met. Therefore, if one was granted 100 RSU's, one should receive an additional 50 RSU's. If one had 200 RSU's, one gets an additional 100, etc.

I was told that it may take an additional 20 or so days for those additional RSU's to appear in one's account.

I have not seen this special 1.5x offer on any options ever or on RSU's granted after 2011. But this may be different for different areas of Valeant.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why even waste the time having this conversation? Odds are you won't be at Valeant long enough for those options to vest -- happened to me and many, many others, so there's no point in going on about it. It's just a way for Pearson and the rest of his stooges to hold that carrot stick in front of you as "motivation" and then as soon as they acquire the next company, you'll be identified as a "cost synergy" and shown the door with nothing but your thumb up your ass.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well put. Couldn't have said it any better.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, part of the scam.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To add to that.. you have to kiss so much ass to get promoted. As a manager you spend your life on conference call after conference call for hours on end. As a rep you drive in those dingy cars for hours and hours..all this to get the shaft! Toilet paper is worth more than those shares!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh boo hoo hoo.
    Imagine that, sitting in your comfy conference room chair or sitting their in your comfy company paid car, while the poor schmucks who make the f'ing products you sell are slaving away in a freaking hot sweaty tyvek suit lifting and dumping barrels of freaking poisonous materials all day long shift work included for next to minimum wage.
    You people should all ALL be ashamed of yourselves. You silver spooned sometimes Ivy League college assholes who have been privy to wealth and riches and good comfortable living your whole lives. FUCK YOU ALL.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol..if that is the standard you go by then yes! Imagine the shirts we wear, imagine the rings we wear, imagine the cars we drive, imagine the ipads we use... It is true that while we enjoy luxuries someone is slaving away and getting paid worse. But if you always thought that way, you can't enjoy and will be guilty about everything, but you have a good point.

You don't have to be a rich fuck or ivy league educated to end up doing well for yourself. You need to be creative, enterprising, and persistent. Don't be so mad at the world..lol

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoa there...i started to agree with you but you went WAY TOO FAR on this rant. Those who are whining about their jobs should shut up and or move on. Lots of people were laid off and wish they had a job...but to go past that was wrong. Having a college degree does not mean any of this-chill out.

And, you too could get a college degree if you wanted-it does open doors to higher salaries sometimes. Don't blame those of us who worked hard to get those degrees for your inability or lack of desire to do so.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, i guess if we get no raises then we better try to get good bonus $$. How's it going on those Lotemax Gel numbers? Wonder what they will be for apr-jun when generic intrusion starts?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My life is pretty awesome. Great wife, great kids, vacation in Europe every year, tons of money in the bank, not really worried about anything. My short game needs a little work. Besides that, all is good.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joke is on you sales dbag...I am most likely boneing your less than perfect wife, while you are paying to support my children...your vacations won't last, your money won't last once yer wife and kids leave you, good luck with the alimony settlement and lifetime payout, and your shiney new vehicle will be driven into the ground within 3 years.
    Hahahah, now who is WINNING, you douchebag?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Winning?????

I don't know, check ESPN I suppose.

Good one loser.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I agree with this, the only time I've seen this 50% RSU bonus (not options) was in March 2011. Therefore, those shares have already vested.

If the 50% bonus was ever granted again, I am not aware of it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We get raises. Stop stirring.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you okay dude? Forget your meds?