what is going on in Lexington???

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Jun 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WANTING TO KNOW. what is going to happen to the Lexington care center . How is Tejin doing as a whole company?cant get a straight answer. CK is suppose to have a call sometime soon.Doesn't look good. budget cuts, no new orders, tons of MIA and lost stolen forms being processed and no one is collecting the money for the equipment we are losing. also we were told if we notice a account was suppose to get restarted we are suppose to leave it alone because we don't want to pay back the $$ to MDC unless force to. integrity is suppose to be one of our core values that is a load of horse poop. there are so many accounts that need restart that I have seen in the past that we should have not got paid for. "Pretend like you don't see it" is PPS way.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pacific Pulmonary has a history of promoting sales instead of promoting service. This sales first mentality has driven sales reps to forge documents, neglect calls for equipment pick up, break just about every rule Medicare has. I once interviewed a sales rep who was working in Washington state who was being paid commissions that made no sense. This rep later called me and tried to sell me concentrators. It doesn't take much to figure out what the sales rep was doing. Instead of documenting the pick up she was stashing the equipment in her garage. Medicare was still being billed because no one in billing knew about the pick up. Management must be terrible and with competitive bidding revenues will be 45% less July 1st. The company may be for sale or has a letter of intent right now to be acquired. I have never seen or heard about a company being run as badly has Pacific Pulmonary but they are not the only large companies in trouble. Apria lost 200 + million last year, Rotech is bankrupt, the Scooter store is toast. You all might want start looking for jobs because the writing is on the wall.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is scary stuff. I swear i will never smoke a cigarette. i will take care of myself so that I dont have to deal with being serviced by such a crooked company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked in Bkersfield reimbursement years ago and one of the branches I billed for was in Washington state. I noticed that a sales rep was signing the MDs names to the CMNs. I was pretty sure about it as I was getting the originals in billing and I knew this guys writing. I brought it up to management and was fired about six weeks later. My supervisor wrote me up three times, gave me a bad review and then fired me, all in six weeks time. I had worked there for 13 years and up to that point had never had even one write up, much less a bad review. This just gives you an idea of this company's REAL "core values". The supervisor who fired me left me sitting alone in an empty office (with boxes of my belongings packed and sitting against one wall) the morning I got fired. Just left me sitting there for about an hour until I called a coworker in and told them to tell her I was leaving and if she wanted to fire me she'd better get in there and do it. She still works there, by the way, a lovely woman....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A typical story and thanks for sharing. With withering reimbursements PPS will surely have to make some changes. The problem is that the company will not hire any individuals that can actually help them get out of their predicament. The Chally screening is nothing but a Mafia type assessment, its only use is to see if you are committed to the family and will not be a rat. I would not be surprised by any big PPS news in the near future.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Kevin Stock was fired in Chicago,anybody know of any other casualties?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, Kevin Stock was fired. We need John Broline back to ramp up our operations. The big guy up in Schaum,burg is not getting it done.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lexington was only set up to make the company look like a good investment for Teijin. It was never actually supposed to function or else PPS would have set up the proper infrastructure, paid accordingly, and recruited the right managers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone give us any new info. Any news if Lexington will be around at the end of march?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt it. The yuppies in Marin County, CA are scratching their finely styled heads wondering what the heck they are doing in Lexington. I would roll your pack of smokes into your sleeve, hop into your monster truck, and head down to the unemployment office.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No offense intended for the people who work in Kentucky but: The idea of putting a HME customer service center in a remote location with no industry professionals was a foolish idea. Having your own branch personnel who answer to the folks who send you business or are your customers is a no brainer. Just a big waste of money when reimbursements were good, when rates were cut that should have been one of the first things to get the ax. That and the entire human resources department where for years they wrapped themselves in the Challey assessment test. A test so bad at " assessing potential employees " PPS came up with a turnover rate that is near legendary for being so bad.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, whoever this is really does not understand business very well. I would guess you are a local CSR somewhere that was worried about your job. Sorry, not trying to bash you but anyone with a business acumen knows that processing something centrally is more cost effective and efficient than anything you can do with multiple centers across the country. It is not a "no brainer" as you stated. Now, did PPS do a good job of this? No they did not. I agree on the location being "remote" but if you know anything about UK, it's one of the top medical schools in the country so the thought was that medical college students would want something to get their foot in the door. Didn't work out like they thought it would unfortunately. Plus they got huge tax benefits and other props from the state, so at the time it looked really good to go there. Chally? Honestly it worked for awhile. Then you had instances where management started to question it and not believe in it. Failed miserably after that. Do you see any trends here? Well, you should. It all comes down to a strong leadership team. Something that PPS did have at one point in time, but then it quickly went down hill. If you paid attention, we lost many good people over the past 4-5 years. Some really good people just a few weeks ago due to the RIF. Now PPS is left with the bed that was made.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are flat wrong regarding the reasons PPS ended up in Lexington. Notably you make it sound as if there was an actual thought process involved. The ONLY reason PPS went to Lexington was that the woman who was going to live there and be in charge of Call Center, I believe her name was Melinda Snyder (though it was five years ago so I could be wrong), has a sister who works as a prison guard in the area and she wanted to live near her sister. Of course, Melinda was fired before the deal was executed, but nobody had the courage to speak up and tell Peter that this location didn't make any sense. The real irony though is that PPS paid a company called Site Selection Group a ton of money to advise PPS on WHERE to set up the call center, and Site Selection put together a nice color-coded, multi-sectioned booklet evalutating different cities and basically told PPS Management NOT to put call center in Lexington. Not only is the location a sad joke, but the money that was spent to remodel, furnish, rewire, and built a new parking lot for the space eventually ran into the millions of dollars.

The only conclusion that can possibly be made regarding Lexington is that it was set up in the first place to make PPS look more appealing to the executives from Japan who noticed a brand, new shiny call center and probably bumped up their purchase price, which of course ended up in Peter Kelly's pocket. If those wonderful senior managers who earn so much money were actually thinking long-term there is no way they would have ended up in that hell hole.

So if you work in Lexington don't take the failure of the call center personally, it was doomed from the start. You did serve your the purpose of making Peter Kelly and all the other senior executives with an ownership stake more money when the company sold just a few months after the center was completed.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At NO TIME did the Chally work. It was supposed to be 1/3rd of the interview process. but PPS used it as 100% of the interview process. If someone had a low score,(not recommended) you were not allowed to interview them. When it was rolled out, we had current PCC'S take it and oddly only 3 of the top 10 PCC'S had a " recommend" score. No it wasn't the top 3 either. 1 PCC just went through it marking answers randomly and scored in the top 15%. It did nothing but cost PPS MONEY and loss of some good people.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would somebody attending one of the top medical schools in the country ever take a job in a call center & earn $10 per hour? This makes no sense.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lexington is the problem? Did Lexington take in the patients in ABQ, Colorado or any other district hit with a pre-payment audit? Did Lexington implement the chally that brought in T&A over sales ability? Did Lexington make the Sleep sales calls that caused us to stop making supply calls to MCR patients? Did Lexington get invaded by the FBI? Was it Lexington that gave all the doctors backline numbers and told them the centralized process wouldn't work?

I'm not saying Lexington is perfect but to make that site a scapegoat for all that is wrong with PPS is not fair. The person that speaks of centralized processes giving you scale and efficiency is correct. The sad truth is that PPS has so many inexperienced managers, they don't realize it. Sad but true.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of the good, experienced managers quit because they were promoting butt kissers over experienced/qualified managers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So far the only good thing about being near UK has been that there are pharmacists around to help the Jackson and Lexington facilities meet their Pharmacist requirement. Other than that Lexington has been a failed experiment. I do remember there also being tax incentives to opening in Lexington, but I was very, very confused as to why we picked a place SO far away from our other facilities.

Of course, at the time we really only had Mt. Laurel in the east, and the rest of the PA facilities came trickling along afterward. Who knows what JA and others who pushed for rapid expansion were thinking - certainly not me.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem with Lexington, Peak, RO, etc. is that when anything got too difficult, they all had the option of kicking any problem back to the Center. Which may have been great in the days of 3 CSR's, a Center Manager, etc. but once the Centers were down to 3 people and a DOM who oversaw 3X as much as they could actually handle, you had 6 or 7 teams pouring all the difficult cases back on the same poor schlubs in the Centers.

I never blamed the individual people. Lord knows if I could kick the can down the road and say "This is _____'s responsibility" I probably would have done it too. Again, organizational structure and leadership.