Adam and Dave Schechter a case of nepotism?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So will the recently announced cuts will Dave Schechter get walking papers or will get a big fat bonus from Adam cronies?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did vaccines, diabetes, and so what is David Schechter's next cushy job, while the rest of the Merck is down sizing?

Any guesses?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's almost not worth asking, we know the answer. This is ridiculous. Incompetence not only ignored, not only protected, but even rewarded.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He came through the basic training program I was conducting many years ago. Believe me is wasn't the cream of the crop but he was blessed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#blessed by whom? Hopefully he gets his own chopper like his bro!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That I don't know. However, it was a time when many many execs relatives were hired and given special treatment and rapid promotions.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure the common problem was executive relatives being hired and treated specially like this. It was more like bozos getting promoted rapidly beyond their competence and buddies and siblings kept (and still do) protecting the incompetence. In the Schechter brothers case it is more than this for sure.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are talking the same thing. However, I will tell you that I was required to pass on the kids, nephews, cousins. The directive was explicit. Yes and Vagelos was the ringleader in promoting the incompetent and the company suffers to this day.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who is the hotter bro?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one is smart introvert and the other is a dumb ass

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get over it. Both brothers have worked hard independently and have been rewarded with success.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can never tell them apart.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leave the poor bastards alone,they just learned how to play the game of life better than you.
    Jealous prick!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The world knows about the fact they are brothers. So let 's move on. There are bigger problems at Merck than the nepotism issue.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok name two brothers who are double dipping at Merck?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they are entitled to take advantage of the system. no wrong and no harm. so chill and do ur work and hire ur relative. its ok.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello Merckites so lets list how does nepotism work and creates collateral damage for other employees when dealing with the wonderful brothers?

So brother Dave gets all the good jobs and promotions within brother Adam's empire....certainly not professional in a public traded company.

Brother Dave has job security and is protected when other employees are getting the boot....speak up and you will get hacked.

Brother Dave gets more higher merit raises and MRK options....stealing from others.

Brother Dave is never challenged since he is a protected species....not fair balanced.

Brother Dave is never held accountable for any of his actions....so unfair and intimidating.

Brother Dave reports to brother Adam about employees....adding to a culture self doubt and creating unnecessary anxiety.

Both brothers have added to a culture of creating favoritism and cronyism....a culture lacking merit based performance.

Merkites any other thoughts to share about these wonderful brothers?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it Merck-ies? One is a faux egg-headed sycophant, and the other is a man-child bully who used to refer to his spouse as "the wife". Worthless.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You might find it amazing that within Merck policy this 'nepotism claim' has been reviewed and OK'D.

Both employees are doing excellent work for which Merck is very proud of.

Merck is a family oriented company and we welcome siblings to work together.

This is good business practice.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regardless of your so-called policy, one is a faux intellectual/sycophant,
    and the other is a man-child misogynist who used to refer to his spouse as "the wife".

Neither are worth a dime, but they scratch one another's backs.
    Worthless.