3 CT Reps Fired!!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 8, 2011 at 9:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watch your backs...3 more CT reps were fired after their managers got their call summary report and started calling the physicians they call on. A few physicians said they weren't in the office that day so these reps were fired for falsifying calls....oh and just coincidentally these reps are the same ones who were critical of management during the year end feedback...safe to speak up, courage and candor, I don't think so Merck....it's called retaliation!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know for a fact my manager has pulled this information on two other reps, which means she has probably done the same for everyone on our team.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is how it works. I am shock that people are amazed. It is easy to get rid of someone if you watch them all the time. The smallest things are turned into major issues. Same thing with hand raisers. Do you really think it does not get back to the managers? Next round, you are the first to go. It's 100% wrong.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It may be retaliation but they did falsify the calls, right? If the physicians were incorrect (perhaps they switched a day) than they need to get them to say so. If they were indeed off, well.... If you put a call in for a day they are off, you blew it. That is why it is important to know their schedule.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. That is why you dont put down calls you didn't make. If you go and they are not in then put call attempted, not in! Why do you guys insist on playing around with calls. Some dummy reps obviously exist to do this. Not worth losing your job!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets heard a name and put the manager on blast!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't feel sorry for them cause they were idiots. Feel sorry for reps like my husband who works for another company (BMS) thats dedicated and loyal (8yrs) but is about to be layoff and replace by a Merck Lower Manhattan diabetes rep just cause he makes too much money

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, we as reps are all subject to getting terminated for something we probably do every day we spend working in our territories. Think about it. Don't we all use our best judgement everyday and sometimes that involves saying, doing, or reporting something in a way that could be used to terminate us? I know I do. To this day I remember getting a pink slip of paper from my SRD that congratulated me on going the extra mile for a pharmacist although it could have been argued that I had violated policy. However, my SRD had my back and chose to give me an attaboy. Today, I would probably be terminated for doing the same thing. That's how much things have changed. I still wonder if the SRD chose the pink slip of paper for his note as a symbol that I could have gotten the axe! Probably not since he was one hell of a decent SRD. Those guys are long gone from Merck which is too bad for so many reasons.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not the "next round", but more likely that you're put on the hit list and your manager starts to manage you right out the door. We saw that happen to four reps in our district in the last couple of years.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No region has room for slackins....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No region has room for asshole managers, either.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked with someone who made up calls , played golf during the workday, and was promoted and works in HQs.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You never know which way the finger of fate will point. This shows the other way.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unbelieveable....while some people work non-stop.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good-old-boy who-ya-know system thrives here. So one rep can get away with much while another can't. Of course, CT reps , well, what do you expect from that bunch? They're notorious slackers.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A former Merckie here, now a manager elsewhere. This is the kind of quote a manager makes when he thinks of himself as something important. I learned long ago that managers are really nothing more than tools that senior managers use. The newbie managers and, frankly, those that aren't so bright rarely figure it out; they are the ones that no good rep would want to work for.

Also, I'll take a "slackin" that delivers results over a "hard worker" that doesn't any day. Some people are just smarter than others....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Slackers are part of any job. It happens all over the county. We had a team member who was hard to find almost all the time. No one could figure out where he was but the manager said he was one of his top people. Same kind of thing happened in another company where I worked a few years ago.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that not the management development loop? It has happened too often here!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you're not the family bread winner teaching grammar.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neither are you.