Do you think this deal is going to happen? Yes or No and Why?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2014 at 12:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you need to do is say yes or no to Pfizer buying AZ and why you think so. Thanks for participating!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, public opinion. It's a US election year.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the price of AZ stock has gone up significantly since this process began in Nov. if we pull out what news supports such an inflated PE? The sheer volume of revenue evaporating due to loe will force stock down as well. You could see AZ at <$40 in 12 months without a completed deal. Will they look to GSK to save them? If so, $60-70 usd is more realistic if GSK is even remotely interested in this ugly duckling.

AZ is trying its best to mitigate Pfizers destruction of a proud British company but in the end it they'll be unsuccessful.

My guess is a successful purchase at around $114b. And significant cuts on both sides of the Atlantic to recover the extra costs. 3 years from now Pfizer breaks up and saddles the new stand alone companies w the debt incurred in this deal (ala Zoetis). The "new" Pfizer will be free of low margin products, be in a more tax friendly country, and have a good pipeline/product portfolio in oncology, diabetes, pulmonology, vaccines and cardiology.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tick Tock... http://finance.yahoo.com/news/clock-ticking-pfizer-raise-astrazeneca-123034974.html

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, AZ is about the worst company to purchase and is ripe for picking and disgorging its own employees for Pfizer to make its mythical pro forma earnings with no underlying substance. It's Magically delicious!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ian just upped the offer to 119 billion dollars

NO. Ian just upped the offer to 119 billion dollars but it's clear nobody outside of NYC HQ wants this to happen because Pfizer has such an abysmal image and reputation. Nobody trusts Pfizer. Leadership is reaping what they sowed!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Definitely. If AZ doesn't accept this deal, then takeover will become hostile. Just a matter of buying up the stock. Everyone has a dollar amount they will sell for. PFE just keeps buying until they have controlling interest. Done "deal".

Pfizer doesn't give a rat$ a$$ what ANYONE else thinks.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you have to do is read the press releases. You look like a complete idiot! No hostile bid you moron!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-05-18/pfizer-raises-sweetened-offer-for-astrazeneca-to-117-billion

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, in the us a hostile takeover in the form of aquiring a controlling interest is off the table. The British govt doesn't allow those types of deals. They are very protective of their companies.

The US on the other hand are not

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll see.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

deal will only get done for 57 pounds and a 51% cash component. Plus, a nice exit package for AZ management.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares, there's BMS, Lilly, Amgen etc, etc..Pfizer MUST do an acquisition soon, thats the only business model it now has...if not AZ then someone else...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the executives really want the low corporate tax rates of the UK and Ireland. That limits who could be taken over. We are talking billions of dollars a year.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Ian wanted to re domicile so Pfizer can pay his moving expenses to retire back near his boyhood home.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I think the deal will go through.

Ian Frankie

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I think this is a done deal. Wait until Monday, May 26th.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guinness, anyone?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe in Pfizer miracles, and I see unicorns. #OnLyrica

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure how the King deal went down, but the Wyeth deal was a psuedo hostile takeover. Pfizer threatened an actual hostile takeover and promised that the top brass and members of the Board would be summarily expunged if not signing on the dotted line.