Tom Cannell

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what happened?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to Tom I always liked him.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did he leave the organization?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last I heard he and his wife were in Japan. Maybe he saw the handwriting on the wall regarding the future. From pills to payer to oncology, HIV and hepatitis... That's the future

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one knows for sure. It was a sudden leave from managing director at the Canada site.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He left "to pursue other interests". That's a well-worn Merck phrase that means "we f--ked him out of his job by any and all means necessary".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So it is indeed "official" that he has left the company?? Have heard a variety of things such as he was pursuing other options within the organization, was on special assignment, etc. What is the true story? Anybody??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're kidding? You must be the only person

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True humans like Dr. Cannell will hopefully land another great job. He is perhaps one of the best humans, leaders, and talented individuals I have ever met. A real gift. In my life, I have only met one other person that is as genuine as Tom.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is obviously a joke...or written by Tom!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The master of buying loyalty, not earning it!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some people are bad people, others are bad leaders, some are both...guess which he is?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom's only problem is that he always thought he was the smartest person in the room. Problem was, often he wasn't.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard he is coming back to the US to lead - yet another! - some sort of commercial operations design model. This is hard to believe given what a failure NCM was. The problem with Merck is they get rid of all their veterans who remember what worked and what did not and they retain the idiots. So pitiful for all of us that remain and have to endure these bad decisions that these uninformed continue to make.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Credit where it is due: overall, he was good to conversate with from what I heard from folks in Canada.

That being said, in meetings, I heard he was ruthless and brutal to some and wasn't on very good terms with people. They complained and here we are.

Unfortunately, it was his own demise. It's too bad that Canada seems to be a revolving door for managing directors.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does it really matter? Upper management come and goes like a fart the wind. The trick is just to out last the guy above you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They sent his butt to Fukashima Japan. I understand he and his family are just glowing.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is "conversate" a real word, or did you get creative?
    It takes so much less time to write "converse" and it's a real word.
    Has a function now become a functionality?

But on the other hand, it seems in vogue to call a failure a "fail", and an installation an "install".

Regardless, Noah Webster is holding his ears and saying, "La, la, la, la...."

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arrogant POS...why did it take so very long for the organization to figure this one out...unreal.