2015 Severance

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Changing big time for 2015. HR insider confirmed. Hr can't bring themselves to share it with all yet. Like it makes a difference, 2014 is over!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard three months max. Bridging gone for legacy Merck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't know anything.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You useless lumps of cow dung deserve absolutely zero!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Severance package changes are announced months in advance. Since no changes have been announced it is highly unlikely that there will be additional changes before 2016

There is no reason for HR to hide planned changes. If they announced severance packages were going to be reduced, they would get more voluntary separations as there are some people who want to move on to new jobs but who are hanging on to get a severance package first. The company loves it when employees leave on their own as it doesn't pay severance

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are quite wrong. Check out the changes coming soon!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would HR hide changes? Ha Ha Ha!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hearing the same thing regarding changes. Significant changes at that. Compared to many other companies in the industry, Merck's severance has been generous. As the company is constantly looking for areas to reduce expenses you can be sure that the severance package is on the table and will soon be revised.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop responding to your own posts

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just picked up the Inquirer, Merck has just notified the state of a major employee reduction. I guess you were right!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you had the chance to leave in 2014 and decided to put it off until 2015; big mistake.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atleast Merck was good at firing people. Now they even screwed that up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw no Layoff warning from Merck for 2015 but would not be surprised. If severance would be changed I believe it would of been posted already.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not really. They just gave useless people the packages. Companies know when you leave first there is usually a good reason why. No company will pay you for six months as a goodbye package unless there is good reason. You don't think other companies know that?

Most of them have crappy one off jobs now. They weren't marketable in the first place. The ones who were smart are the ones who retired. They got a good package and it was well deserved. I hope they have a great retirement because they earned it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New program will be announced next week!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't get a package it's a red flag.

Most people who got packages are marketable. Some had too many years in. They have pensions of enormous size, free health and big money for life. It was a stop gap. The 6 months was a little life saver to delay the inevitable panic...of this job market.

Some others were undeserving of the cut and were screwed in full, including retirement expectations. Some simply had one year down and they were cast out...Suspect more than some took the fall for others.

Strange how certain others with consecutive years down got saved. Some with titles got performance pardons. Superlative AK'ing skills paid off..

Life is always (a lot) more than meets the eye.....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

High ranked reps held to a lower requirements than lower ranked reps? How often do we see this?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know what 2015 will bring package-wise, but I am very happy I volunteered in 2014. My severance check hit on 12/26, and was the single largest deposit my bank account has ever, or will ever, have.

Looking forward to 2/1/15 when my pension lump-sum payment will go out.We've already set up a no-fee IRA to receive the check.

In my case, the timing was right. After 18 years, I was ready (mentally and financially) to leave. Best wishes to those still at Merck.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You made it just under the wire!