fix the damn data will ya

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2015 at 10:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

for god sake leadership…..take a freaking stand grow some nuts and call Bob, Adam or who ever you need to and tell them this: "the data SNAFU's (because it is becoming situation normal) are having the following impact on my managers and their teams- they are throwing their hands up and saying screw it why should I care, my company can't even get me data that is is credible, consistent and timely, why should I care? " do you think this will impact the bottom line? you betchya

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calmeth downeth. Our data is the best and we include the following in your call decks:
    Dead-retired docs
    Docs taken out and put in counterpart decks
    Docs added to your deck from other areas
    New docs no one ever heard of or could find
    Mismatched flags
    We ask you to do call deck clean up/flagging....hehe
    We assign campaigns by throwing darts

Now that is just customers, let's talk data, hehe:
    You start.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The data" has been meaningless for years. If you haven't figured that out yet, there's no hope for you anyhow.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably II payback for the big layoff in their department.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The data will always be imperfect. However, they are definitely not meaningless.

Does anyone remember the role that data and analyses played in assisting the West to achieve dynasty status on the top of the sales performance heap back in when no-one in DC seemed to care if healthcare was affordable (or accountable)?

The data back then were imperfect, as well.

We just knew how to use them, glean the useful knowledge out of them, and then use very strong sales leadership and management skills to close the feedback loop and make well-informed resource allocation, sales, and selling decisions.

The energy you spend bitching about the data would be better spent filtering out the crap that is there, and using the rest to focus your efforts in whatever way you feel is optimal for your customers. Then, build and reinforce those relationships AND SELL.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i would love to filter out the crap that is there, the problem is -- its not there… in spite of it, we are SELLING, but seriously, with all our brains and resources, we should be able to have data that is somewhat trustworthy…..where we are now is nowhere near that…and yet…we deal.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i love the way people treat each other here! No matter what you say, or what issue you raise, someone will call you an idiot or a loser or tell you to start selling! Its so predictable. We basically think everyone else is an asshole but us! That is what will seal our fate.