Allergan Vs. Alcon

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have two opportunities. Work at Allergan or Alcon? I have reservations about Allergan and the merger and reservations about Alcon and NVS ownership.

Allergan salary in the 80's. Alcon interview isnt far enough forward to know about the range yet.

Where would you choose to work. Pataday or Restasis as your lead product. Which would you choose.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon base will only be in the 60's. At least thats what I get. Im young with not much experience.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You tool my base is in the mid 80's!!!! Are you in eye care??? If so, you got the bend over screwed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd stay away from Alcon. Mgmt is off the charts crazy. The money they tell you won't happen.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon base will be lower. No matter what. Experienced reps get offers in the 70s. Pataday blows away Lastacaft on every level but patanol going generic & the new drop Pazeo is an obvious attempt to grasp money before everything switches to generic. Over at Allergan everything is a sh-t show but I can't recommend Alcon!! Goals are NOT attainable, you will never ever ever make the money they say is 'at goal'. You'll have your base plus a few grand every quarter. Depends on manager as well, and region. The northeast is nothing but turnover for reps. Texas might be your only hope. If you're in ophthalmology already you should try device. Insurance dictates everything on formulary.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The northeast sucks

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Range of salary is 65 to 75 from my interview last month. Bonus at 25-30 if I remember right. The health insurance car and other benfits is good due to large pharma backing.

That's what I was offered. I Took another job.