Alcon Engineering Lake Forest?

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Engineer, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Engineer

Engineer Guest

Looking into a senior level engineering position at Alcon Lake Forest. Alcon's rep in Orange County used to be great - now I'm hearing a lot of negative stuff since Novartis acquired them.

I have been that Novartis has taken away offices and cubicals from the Engineers and they all work in bullpens. Is this true?

My brother in law works for Novatis in sales, so I know what Novartis is all about andthus naturally concerned about any move to Alcon.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cubicles your main concern with Novartis acquisition of Alcon - really? You do sound like a great Sr. Engineer material for Lake Forest :)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My main concern? No. But accommodations say something about about how a company regards their people. If you don't have anything useful to say then shut your piehole, punk.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you haven't already, go elsewhere. Everyone is in smaller and smaller 'hotel spaces'. If you like an office, then you are out of luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unlike the sales force, there are workers at Alcon that actually have to use their brain to do their job. Kind of hard to concentrate when you work in a bullpen, with noise and distraction everywhere.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are close to 400 people in R&D in Lake Forest
    Currently, Top 2 levels get offices depending on pay grade and people reporting to you.

I have heard that all Alcon sites are going to open concept; meaning even the VPs will have cubicles.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are still many oppourtunities at Lake Forest. But make sure you don't go to the Vit side as there are only opourtunities in Bull Shitting there. Frenchie, Sabrina and their minions are not done screwing this side the business yet! I'm glad I left this dump. Good luck.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

apparently some kind of re org in the cataract section so that could be good or bad depending on how desperate you are for a job!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No bullpens. E 1's thru Sr 2's get cubes. Gotta hit a threshold pay grade to get an office. No idea what the threshold is. Pretty much gotta have direct reports and even that doesn't guarantee an office.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can only work in silence? Be realistic or become a librarian.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sabrina is out, frenchina is on her way out...she's in an advisory capacity, so maybe she can advise us on the weather in her game room while sipping sparkling water..two of her minions (CL&MM) are still around, but not for long, JG has proven that he can see through the BS. what's ironic that may of last year these outstanding citizens were laying off many good engineers and scientists from Alcon, and now..well..let the healing begin.
    oh yea, still stay away from the vit side, like i said about the two minions.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

minions?! more like onions.