Question to the CEO ,JG

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2015 at 9:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your predecessor was dismal at selecting his execs ,SM ,MMcC ,LA,RA ,RS ,DN...a bunch of arrogant bullies ,for most in addition ignorant ...now you have had time to assess ,question ,review ...Are you going to let Alcon go down the drain ?Will you have the courage to send them where they belong ?.Will you understand the destruction people like SM ,LA, RS are responsible for ??? Will you understand the talents you lost ?Will you realize that again this year targets will not be met ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo author!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, he will not. LEAVE and find another job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's here until 2017. Past that I don't think he cares.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But it's what he does in the next 2 years that will be his legacy.
    Make some changes.
    Buy some talent; make an investment.
    Be remembered for something more than your predecessors who went in the wrong direction.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Mr George want to leave a legacy he will have to get rid of the arrogant idiots ,read about what CEO's like Ed and Tim did and really build a team which will understand that Alcon was people and relation with the ophthalmologists ...stop the desks of slides ,the forecasts that nobody believes in ,stop finger pointing ,micro management and go back to what Alcon was i.e. a fantastic service Company which would surround the expert and help him ,a company where working was a privilege .As long as the" 7th floor" will remain as it is there is no chance ,they are useless .

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was Alcon EVER any of this? I was here pre-Novartis (long before Nestle ever wanted to divest itself of Alcon) and in my opinion, it was still the micromanaging finger pointing company of which you speak.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been with the company for 11 years. The first 5 years were great--best company I had ever worked for. But since then, the company has been on a rapid decline. It's sad to look at how many great people have left globally, and how many more are eagerly looking for a way out. Expectations are unrealistic. No one has time to deal with customers anymore because we are all stuck in front of computers trying to figure out where we can rob Peter to pay Paul.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to remember JG has obligations back to Novartis
    The ridiculous financial goals and cash flow shell gaming is all to meet the numbers for Novartis
    Novartis will suck this place dry and then sell the remains

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very good point but there will be some questions about impairment ,NVS paid $ 55 billion ...for a toy that they are destroying ...who is going to explain that to "the Street " ?
    One day I would like all of us having worked at Alcon when Tim was CEO to explain how sweet this company was and what happened after ,a great Harvard case !
    Thank you KB ,SM ,LA ,BB and all the other ass kissers .

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you really think Jeff G will leave any legacy if mid long term the company is in the hands of arrogant morons such as SM and LA ....What kind of good can come from such persons ? Show us one achievement from these two in the last 5 years ...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoa!!! There is No comparison Tim was a great leader and not replaceable in the way he took and build Alcon from where it was... All others since then do not come any close to his leadership... even his next in line were great people and they know how to build teams and value it.....There was no such approach since his retirement and all the others developed a very sick culture with little respect for people... the worst of its Kind being KB, BB , RA, LA , SM, and others ........ U can see and feel the damage now everywhere!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are very few left at Alcon who even remembers who Tim Sear was. I knew him, and the previous poster is correct, Tim was the last great CEO of Alcon. He made you feel proud to be an employee of Alcon, and inspired greatness at all levels. Nestle selling to Novartis was the beginning of the end for Alcon.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also worked under Tim Sear as a rep, a foot soldier.
    He knew how to treat people, how to put infrastructure together that captured market share.
    I guess when you are not a Novartis puppet you can do great things.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi this is the CEO, I went to the best schools and have experience with the best firm in the world so I will give it you nice and easy....we paid too much for this lone star and now trying to figure things out. Keep trying and working hard, perhaps we will get a rebate from the seller or even a rain check. Sorry what the heck am I saying? This is not Kmart. No seriously, NBS will provide top line growth via interco charges to the big 3 and why not, the divested companies and Bermuda. Bye for now, my corp jet is waiting to take me to corp meet in Basel aka the Detroit of Switzerland ....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Born on third, thinks he hit a triple

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny all the people that left willingly (not the dead weight that needed to be purged) all have better jobs and are happy. I have stayed in touch with many. I have been waiting for package that likely will never come. Might as well join Susan Orr's lawsuit like the 100's that have already. JG can't bring back the real talent unless he gets rid of the toxic leaders that drove them away.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a post in the thread "Alcon has become an assembly line" correctly points out; those 'leaders' that have ancestral origins in the middle east inherit a dictatorial mentality that significantly skews their world view away from getting things accomplished by consensus, buy-in, logic and positive reinforcement toward getting things done by threats and intimidation.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which may work for 19th century 'assembly line' jobs but is woefully inadequate as a motivator and driver for knowledge based organizations.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JEFF have to drive the change, ASIA first, lots of unethical practices. CFO and AP in it together. SPOKE to BPO they will not do anything as long as the numbers are coming in.