Interview with Alcon R&D

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello All,

I am a PhD Engineer and working for a pretty stable and solid company. I am looking for opportunities in medical device industry as I think it is a promising and growing industry.

I will have an interview with Alcon's Opthalmic R&D in Fort Worth, TX. I am wondering how is the company? the outlook of the business? and how is its R&D?

I like my current job and company, but the industry is going down. I want to make sure my next job is good enough for me to leave my current one.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome!

Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, after the announcements today...it MIGHT become a decent place to work. Sabrina is gone, so maybe things will start moving forward and people will be allowed to make decisions and voice their opinions w/o fear of being eviscerated in meetings. Time will tell,but I can't imagine it won't get marginally if not significantly better just because that POS is finally gone.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the inside news.

How do you think about the future of Alcon's products? Do you think it has a positive outlook?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey jack, not toeing the company line here, but we don't know ye. So like he gave you someones name, but we don't know you or your qualifications...and your asking about future of products? Pretty fishy that you would be anonymously presuming we would spill this information here, publicly. Surely you are aware that if you openly approached me and explained you work on contract for a competitor of ours, doing research on our market entries futures, if you openly asked me questions, I would not give you specifics...what make you think playing this charade on CP is any better?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude relax--it's not like you've got to spill your "secret" projects--the guy is just asking about FUTURE outlook.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The future is very bright. Alcon is positioned to dominate. 2 words, Google Cintacts. They are coming and this kind of technology will change the landscape of eyecare.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're joking, right?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dream on buddy, this area is already crowded with stronger players. How is alcon adding value to the deal? Cheap methods of producing soft contact lenses have been around since the 70's.

I am betting on others in this area.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you get the job and Peter R. is your boss. Once you realize you cannot make any decisions and all decisions made for you. He is on track to remake every mistake in history of Alcon R&D. How did he get rehired after he was run off first time? British Diverdity quota?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JG Purge these turds and get the sales force some new products!