Generic Androgel on the Way!!!! Testim Rules

Discussion in 'Auxilium' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be no generic to Androgel anytime soon. Perrigo formulation is not identical. Due to granted citizens petition, they will have to perform all necessary studies to file an NDA.

2. Phonostud

Phonostud Guest

Does anyone have reliable information on when a generic of Androgel will be available? I need a reasonably priced alternative soon.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is bullshit!!! The number of men needing "T" is growing everyday!! How do you pay up to $300.00 per month for Androgel on a fixed income like disability? Just another act of GREED by the Manufacturer!! What a messed up world we live in when you can not afford a drug that you need to live a healthy life!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take your fat butt, lose some weight and eat healthy. See if you need something then you lard.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHAT did you say? Thats what I thought! "Down goes AUXL"!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, you might be the 'looser'.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think somebody needs to step into his time capsule and travel back to the Middle Ages! Then you can experience a "messed up world" where people died of things like tooth infections and mild fevers. Perhaps you'd like to try the state-of-the art medical treatment of past eras? Things like leeches to bleed out the bad humors or drilling holes in people's heads to let out the evil spirits that cause headaches?

Boo! Hoo! You're on a fixed income from disability (meaning our tax dollars are taking care of you) and the GREEDY makers of Androgel are trying to recoup their R&D investment dollars and make a profit? Why don't you thank GOD that you live in a time period and a country that even makes these kinds of medications available? You are obviously so immersed in "entitlements" that you think it is your birthright to have medical miracles available to you for FREE.

If you have ANY type of insurance (which you must have if you are on disability) then Androgel is NOT $300. If you are on the highest dose and paying cash, then yes - otherwise no. And if you are so destitute as you claim, then get a SHOT! They're cheap and achieve similar results. And by the way, it's testosterone - you're not dying.

But no, typical stereotype that you are, you demand the Cadillac of the drug class and you want it FREE.

You do realize that we only have the medical advancements in this country that you take for granted by PEOPLE GOING TO WORK and making it happen, right? This country become great and advanced the standard of living by leaps and bounds because people worked hard and got to reap the rewards of their efforts. The Obama mentality is embedded so deep now that people like you throw tantrums and call the world "messed up" because their designer drugs should be GIVEN to them, just like the money they live on.

Why don't you write to your Congress person and tell them to stop subsidizing prescription drugs for the rest of the world and then you will see the price of your Androgel and your other drugs come down. Until then, stop whining and start assuming some responsibility for your life.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above anonymous reply. No one wants to go back to the dark ages but the previous poster has a point when he believes paying $300 a month to correct the low testosterone problem is a result of greedy corporations in a screwed up corporate world. Why would a simple formulation such as testosterone incur such high R&D where they need to justify a $300 a month prescription. I am a extremely healthy male (I eat right and I regularly exercise) who takes no medication but I suffer from low testosterone. I own a very small company so I cannot take advantage of having a lower-cost health insurance that other Americans who work in large corporations receive. I definitely live with some problems due to low testosterone and there is no way I am going to pay $300 a month especially when a generic form would cost less than 1/10 of Androgel. Your reply was disgusting and telling the previous poster to be happy he doesn't live in the dark ages is just simply stupid. These corporations hire thousands of salespeople and millions of dollars in advertising to push products to a point where I don't know anyone who isn't on several different medications. He is on disability because he worked and paid into the system, that is what it is there for. I find it very hard for anyone to justify the business practices of these pharmaceutical companies when all you see is huge profit margins and huge salaries to executives that have no problem screwing over their fellow Americans.

When we go down we'll all go down together!!!

Except for the greedy corporate executives. They'll all be having drinks on the beach in a foreign country!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not on a fixed income but at 300 a month that is way too high of a price, That is why I use Testim at 33.00 a month for a 90 day supply I can live with that. I do not see why all the arguing about all this if it happens that a cheaper form of the gel comes out we win if not there are alot of other options for people. Instead of fighting about this why not a few people look for other whys to get the cheaper brands that do the same thing or a way to get androgel at a cheaper price. For example most drug companies have a program if you dont have the money or on a fixed income they will give you the medication or at a really cheap price just by filling out the paperwork and sending it to them. I have done this for other medications when I was not having a great income and they gave me the medication just so I would not go without.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally some sense. Anyone who thinks generic AndroGel is gonna help testim is a friggin' idiot. Sheesh.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mind controlled zombie. Nobody pays $300 for AndroGel. Who pays cash for it? I am embarrassed by some of the statements on here. This is why we lack credibility.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can't get the stink out. It's tied to the patent. A miracle anyone can sell the stinky gel.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would rather have a huge trocar jabbed into my ass or stomach fat, NOT

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People get a clue....there will be no generic Androgel in 2011. We need to worry more about the new Androgel 1.62. Isn't that supposed come out in December? I would worry more about that.....

15. Worried Mom

Worried Mom Guest

My son takes Testim due to a brain tumor (craniopharyngioma) that stopped the function of his pituitary gland. He produces no testosterone on his own. Not having a generic drug has really hit him hard with his health care plan for 2011. They no longer have a Rx deductible for brand name drugs, and he must meet a $2500 threshold + $1000 out of pocket to qualify for a co-pay. The cost of testim is over $250/month. And that's just one of 4 medicines he takes to maintain a quality of life and be productive. Of course, he probably could get assistance if quit his job and stopped taking responsibility for himself, but that's another subject. So why am I writing...does anyone really know if there is a testim generic on the way soon?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's not...but I think Androgel will be generic in several years.

What you should do instead is ask your doc about getting a compounded Testosterone cream made at a compounding pharmacy. It usually costs about $30 or $40 a month and may be very helpful for your son.

17. Worried Mom

Worried Mom Guest

Thanks for the tip on compounded testosterone. We see the Endocrinologist next week and will discuss with him. I know there's a compounding pharm in his town, so that might be the answer.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really hope it helps. Our drug isn't for everyone but the testosterone should help him a lot.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk to your doctor. Unlike, Androgel, there are Testim samples available. If your doctor takes Testim samples, he/she may be able to help you out. There is also a Patient Assistance Program available for those who have no insurance/government coverage nor can they afford cash. Again, speak with your physician and see if you can't get Testim for free.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I checked with my doc, got a week's worth of samples, a $40 off coupon, which still makes it 60/month for me, and a 30 day for free voucher card. I have been using it for 10 days now, and I have noticed a big difference in my energy, drive, and overall condition. In addition, I have seen my belly starting to get smaller... Loving it so far! Can they make the scent a little less over powering???

Just my two cents...