If you aren't looking for a job outside of pharma, then you are out of your damn mind

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: If you aren't looking for a job outside of pharma, then you are out of your damn

Typical corporate sales drone.

Live your life in fear, that's the ticket! It is clear to me that your material possessions are most important in your life, how pathetic.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: If you aren't looking for a job outside of pharma, then you are out of your damn

If they make $110,000 plus bonus plus car, and someone offers them $80,0000 with no car, why is turning that job down pathetic? What if they're a single parent, and simply can't afford a drastic cut in pay? How does that make them materialistic? From that post, you know little of their priorities in life or their belief system. Yet you cast stones behind the wall of the internet.
    I thought we got rid of most of your type with Kindler's "old school" Pfizer cleansing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left this company and pharma altogether voluntarily and now work with my former pharma customers as an actual partner. Its a job that requires you to take a base salary about $10-$20K less than what a senior rep at Pfizer makes, but the salaries in pharma are so bloated and unrealistic compared to what you actually do that its very realistic and manageable. It almost made me feel morally bankrupt getting paid what I was getting paid for doing so little. Diagnostic companies will pay a pharma rep about $85K to jump industries and make a diversifying career move.

Here is where it gets interesting- most of what I do has nothing to do with the rigid, inflexible, reach and frequency driven world of pharma. Most of you work in LAT's with BMS or in come capacity by yourselves but with some type of DSR coverage overlap on specialty. My job is to go out and find business any way I see fit. I have no targeting lists, call cycle, places I have to go, call average or any of that garbage. Its the way pharma was when I first started, before the clown show took over and everything became about metrics because people needed to start justifying the jobs they were promoted into where they were in over their heads

If you think you can handle a job where you get paid on one thing- the revenue you generate- you might be able to make the jump to something far more lucrative and rewarding. There are jobs out there where there are no "goals", no den of snakes that comes up with a quota that can vary by hundreds of percentages from one side of a city to the next, no "non reporting pharmacies", no managed care and no "product factoring" just revenue. Pure and simple. If you think you can stomach actually going out and working and being accountable, it can be done. Look up what your friends are doing on LinkedIn or go to indeed.com and these jobs will jump out at you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to LinkedIn, most of people that I worked with or for either work for a contract sales company or started their own pharma training or consulting company. Whatever that is.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jump on in to real sales! 100% commish! PLUS (there always is!) you get to pay for your own expenses! Car - you pick AND PAY for your own ride! Gas..fill'er up while thinking about the 3% cash back you're earning on YOUR credit card as the pump rolls past $55, .Slow month? Double up next month and tell your mtge. company you'll make it up! Another Slow month? well now, looks like you're not cut out for this work, no sense in coming in Monday-per your helpful sales mgr....pharma is the life! wake up and enjoy it or get a good hobby and enjoy the steady paychecks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best way to evaluate a job is the hourly pay and stress levels. Pharmaceuticals is not stressful if you a stupid person or full of carp or a sociopath, which covers most of you. It is not a sales job as well, unless you are w a small company, in your own territory, which eliminates 90 percent of you.

Have fun at your upcoming POA. We are doing grinders this time. Be ready.

Laugh at your corporate slavery all you want. Its just painful to see so many of you dreading your existence for a few more dollars.Then again, most of you enjoy your field rides and annual evaluations too.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just don't get it.

Genius, if you spend time looking for ways to make money, you will find it. You are just a slave in the corporate system. They have you trapped into the mentality that you need them, because you have to pay for this and pay for that, and bla, bla, bla.

Wake up out of your slumber and separate yourself from this mess. But, you won't do that, because you love to serve your worldly masters.

Have fun on the next field ride.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been around for awhile but not as long as some people. Currently My pension will pay me close to $3,500 per month!!! for the rest of my life..at 65. When you think about your jump don't forget if your pension jumps up by $150 for the next year (the longer with company the bigger the jumps) so that mean your next job working your ass off better give you a raise of greater than (150x12monthsx25 years of life after 65)= $45,000 , So when you consider you want a jump in pay from your current salary don't forget it has to also has to trump your future investment.

Saying all this when Pension runs out 2016 or 2017? all bets are off... GET THE .. Out.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long do you plan on living?

Before you answer the trick question, think really hard.

Wow, you people truly make me laugh. Guys like me don't even think about retiring. We work hard now and relax now. We retire later and work hard later. You will never get it, will you. You serve a master that has you fooled. Wake up. Store your barns and then relax, but then your life is required of you tonight! Fool! Get out of your imaginary sandbox and seek truth in your life. You paper money and other foolish ideas are going to get you destroyed. If not today, then eventually.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The flip side is if you are not afraid to be good at it you can have 16500 in the bag by the second week of the month and start filling the pipeline for the next few with no stress. Or take a few days off and nobody cares.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, if you are not afraid to be fully accountable you can build your pipeline up so fast that you can be set for the year in April. The best thing about a job like that is that no one micromanages what you do as long as you bring in business. No one gives a shit if you take a 2 week vacation between bringing 2 big accounts on board. The problem is that most Pfizer reps would die of shock if confronted with such a sink or swim mentality. There is no place to hide

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really want to hustle like a mad man your likely under age 30 or you don't mind changing jobs every 2 years. Going from Hero to Zero around and around is a young persons game. Pharma for all it's flaws is the best sales job when you have a great drug to sell.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pensions will soon be extinct. They were one of those union-type benefits that companies hated because they cost so much money and workers were too dumb to support at the ballot box. I'll have a great pension for the rest of my life but the next generation will spend their retirement in near-poverty. Natural selection at work.......

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just hit my mid thirties and jumped ship last year, right after they said they were getting rid of the pension and when we started an almost total focus in this company of concentrating on what does not matter as opposed of what moves business. Started with Pfizer out of college and probably could have stuck it out for 30 years. Hit year 15 before I resigned.

Getting rid of the pension was the last straw. Yes, I knew how bad the legally driven work environment was going to be after the CIA agreements from Bextra, et al. I could stomach having an Ernst and Young representative at every program I was forced to do, even though my lunch budget was ridiculously curtailed. I didn't mind having lawyers call me and ask about programs I did over a year ago. I kept files and calmly answered their questions. Just part of the job. I had insufferable counterparts and managers who were in so far over their heads they had panic attacks at district meetings. It was laughable how stupid some of the stuff was that we had to do- the "Wood U" era when half of the company was gutted showed me what a bunch of stooges was running the show at the top of the company and I knew then I would never be promotable. I was able to live with that.

I put up with it because I was able to have a 401k AND a pension plus stock options and RSU's. It just barely kept me from jumping ship over the years, seeing the company add all of the unnecessary layers of bureaucracy, the suffocating and over the top political correctness, to which indignity we spent time on how to not offend people and the whole "straight talk" B.S.

Once they got rid of the pension, it was time to jump to something else. Just one person's opinion, but that meant that everything was all about enriching the people at the top a little to bluntly for my taste. Its amazing what your capacity is for putting up with shit is if there is a $4000K pension waiting for you after 30 years. I was halfway in and not looking to leave at all. Till then.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$4000K pension per month, I hope you meant. I just got a memo from The Pension Plan and it is now, as of right now, being funded at 92% of its target. The conveniently don't mention any at risk liabilities to the pension, just plan liabilities. Expect that to keep dropping as more Greedy Geezers keep siphoning it away.

Pfizer's pension is just like social security. It won't be there when you need it, this company will see to it that it erodes away faster than you can say "Ian Reed and Jeff Kindler"

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left in my mid 40's and looking back I can't believe I put up with so much $hit. I was in such a sheltered environment I thought I would be crazy to leave a 6 figure part time job. I had enough, resigned and now realize how much happier I am to leave that environment. Currently I make the same money, work 40 hours a week and I am the boss. Reading comments on this site just brings back how bad it is in pharma and how easy it is to stay a Lemming. If the environment stayed like it was in the 1990s and early 2000 I would have stayed another 10 years.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a moron. Natural selection? Dumb ass. I suppose you are going to live forever too?
    Grow up.

Smart people know how to make adjustments. Some can even live off the land. You are clueless and think food comes from the supermarket. Typical pharmaceutical moron.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It truly becomes painful if you have a manager YOUNGER than you. That has only happened to me once, and the guy was terd.

Those of you over 45 and still in a sales role should immediately seek help for your mental health. How you can put up with the culture of pharma is beyond me. The only conclusion is that you love money. Here is an idea: save up and then you can be picky and find a job where you are treated like a human being!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tried carp once in Louisiana. Didn't like it at all. Too fishy

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a lot more to pension after 30 yrs, it is not 4,000 a month.