Severance

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if the severance changed from last year?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same as 2013.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beware of 2015. Not a word on any internal web sites that mention severance or bridging for 2015. Get while you can!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that it is now going to top out at three months. I'd be pretty PO'd if I didn't already get mine!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why I was happy to get the boot. I wanted the severance because you know Ken and his cronies need to get their double digit merit increases. They've cut just about the entire company. What's next? Your pensions, not his or his cronies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Labor attorneys will gorge. Who in their right mind would settle for three months severance? Forget severance and take your chance in court. Merck has lots of $

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12 weeks for 12 years?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cant see them reducing severance by much. Dont forget that the same people changing severance will eventually be looking to collect it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Severance is based on positions levels. Those at the top will naturally get more.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's where you'd be mistaken. Those who set the rules don't apply them to themselves. Look at Peter Kellogg - getting pushed with a massive package and he screwed up any possibility of spinning, selling or merging the way the other pharmas are all announcing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look on HR site, it changed slightly to reduce time think it maxs out at 6 months now

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got my severance today as a result of the hand raiser. Can't wait to go work for much more money and bonus than deal with these nerdy Pennsylvania hicks at Merck.