Big Changes Coming to Finance

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BIG SHAKE UP TO OCCUR THIS MONDAY FOR FINANCE EMPLOYEES STATIONED IN UG AND WHS. GET READY FOR IT. THEY WARNED US!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are not R&D. :)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a 30% raise. Well deserved

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right, US Market Finance is going to be dismantled.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not going to happen. we run the place. please ignore this stupid thread. just a troll.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait one second. Since it's in all caps it must be true. What a bunch of jackasses.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man are you going to be in for a shock. Here's a tip - go look up what the company Genpact does, then bend over.

Good luck to anyone, anywhere, in shared services. Finance might be first but they will absolutely not be last.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kellogg canned because he did no kill off people fast enough. He did however walk away from Merck with $8,000,000. Not bad for sevens years of service. What a joke.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the group that does monthly reporting and forecasts. This is scary, then will be a big impact. Probably part of the HQ transformation project. Finance will probably turn completely like HR. Wait till the numbers to street get screwed up after all the cost cutting and it will come to bite them on their rear end

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whatever bla bla bla.... not going to happen.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take it from someone in procurement who has seen the MSA. It's happening - start looking and take the first gig equal to or better than what you have now. This gig is close to up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know many people have had positive experiences at Merck, but those always seem
    To be the Kool-Aid drinkers. I really don't know how anyone could actually still want to continue working in this toxic environment. People, life does exist after Merck. Other companies make life savings medicines too, and they can actually get them to market. This company's best days are behind them. It's very obvious because they can't grow the top line but they keep cutting. Cutting expenses doesn't increase revenue.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is funny. Not going to happen. If that .0000001 percent chance that it did happen we would find jobs in weeks. I get a offer just about every month from different companies. Most are not in the pharma world. We are not like you. SOX compliance and revenue recognition is done at any company. Upper management signs a documents that the numbers are correct. That goes a long way.

Have a great day.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, but anyone in denial about the Finance Org restrucutings are living in a fantasy world. Management told us it was coming in April and May. Well, April is here and May is only a few days away. If you weren't looking for another job all this time, you're a complete fool.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy do I wish I had your name. I'd park myself at your desk on announcement day just to see the look on your face. As if SOX compliance and revenue recognition can't be done by an outsourcer - both of those things are independently verified by pwc anyway and they could care less who does it. And if you think you live in the ivory tower of MCAAS...

Executive management would love to offload your pension, benefit and salary costs to a contracted staff for a flat fee - but being in finance I'm sure you've heard them plan that for IT and R&D yourself. You may be getting monthly 'offers' - how special do you really think you are to get offered a job without interviewing (or did you leave that out?).

Last thing - don't think that I'm not like you - you'd be surprised by who I am and in a few days or weeks, as this plan is announced and executed, you'll know that I am just like you. The only difference being I'll be staying to manage the Genpact contract and you'll be taking one of those offers of the month.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeow! So much animosity in the happy world of finance! Here's a surprise for you both - anyone left at Merck is an idiot unless they are in sight of the penion/benefit bridge. Anyone passing up monthly job offers is surely the king of this idiot crop if this outsourcing does happen. Nothing dries up demand like excess supply.

Like I said - idiots left there these days. I like my Friday morning stop here to catch up on the week's rants. Very entertaining. I got out with a package worth about 40% more than if I hung on to now and the place still amuses me.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be in a bubble if you think Finance (not necessarily Audit) is not being outsourced. the arrogance of Merck employees like Merck is somehow a God is unreal.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The part of audit most vulnerable to outsourcing is SOX, especially if Genpact does take over finance. They could easily have Genpact prepare and attest while pwc certifies. Every area has to hand over its pound of flesh to keep earnings up (since revenues continue decline) and audit will be no different.

Many other companies have outsourced their SOX programs over the last 3-5 years. Just Google it and check out the growing list of such service providers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again you prove you're an idiot. Any company that has done this reverted back. You can't blame a third party if the numbers are wrong. Even the auditors have limited liability. I love correcting idiots like you. You should be more concerned about doing your job.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best part about retorts such as this is that they're made by people who stand to lose in such an arrangement. The fact that you claim ANY company who.has done this has reverted back just gives it more credibility that Merck will do exactly this. Unless you haven't noticed while you've been oh, so busy calling people idiots on the internet and doing your very important SOX work, Merck management is doomed to learn (or suffer depending on your assessment) for..their very own mistakes and not those shown by others.

Good luck, it sounds more and more that you'll need it.