August 1st and IS still has no official IC numbers!!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Murphy have the luck o' the Irish or what?? He's drinking a Guinness laughing his azz off right now virtually watching the implosion and getting a new tattoo.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

miss us already murph? we still don't want to know about your tats.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

excited for the future, focus on results, show value to the organization, great opportunities with this restructuring, new organization will have more products, nothing will change....
    Does this hit all of the talking points? Start looking immediately if you are in IS! Any group but this one would be the one to be in come 2014!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Value means cut and gut! Like a cheap fish being carved to maximize profit!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think IS has a future. We have relationships in the hospitals that have taken years to build. Even if Pfizer is not investing any money or R&D in anti-infectives, I believe that they will find another product for us to sell. Yes the division may be drastically reduced and I don't know how HR will be able to tell which reps have the best relationships at certain key institutions, but they can't get rid of the whole division like that!

We have a different skill set than the other eliminated divisions in the past (Peds/Allergy, CNS, Ophthalmology). Those were all disease state divisions. We have that training - plus the added knowledge of working a hospital. Look at the Kaiser reps - they downsized them but didn't eliminate them altogether. There will be a few of us left.

It's not difficult to teach a rep the inner workings of a hospital but it takes TIME - P&T, formulary issues, protocols and standing orders, how to work a pharmacy, what Case Mgmt. is, how to Inservice an ICU or Tele/DOU unit, how to deal with residents, what Grand Rounds are, understanding reimbursement and DRGs, CMS and Core Measures, the flow of a patient from admission to discharge, why hospitals need to balance the length of stay of all patients and how that's dependent on their insurance status (sometimes), etc. These are all skills that take years and lots of experience in the actual institutional setting. You can't get that from a primary care or CSO rep.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't that why we have KAMs now?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please tell me you're kidding. I don't know who your KAM is but ours is completely worthless. Came from another division, has no hospital experience, no antibiotic/anti-infective experience, didnt know any of the accounts. We helped our KAM more than the KAM helped us.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds much like a VAM. HECK, even a vaccine rep for that matter.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please provide us with a list of the medication you are taking. Thank you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And don't forget how important it is to know where the cafeteria is... Mmmm, it's Egg Salad Wednesday!!! Who's hungry???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again, don't get IS confused with newbie hospital rep wannabe's aka vaccine people (can't call them reps since they don't sell).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not confused. I'm a former IHR who was scooped back into the PC CV structure several years ago. While I miss working major accounts (especially teaching hospitals/academic centers), I understood that I wasn't generating the kind of $$$ that justified my presence (or the other 15-20 Pfizer employees trolling the grounds). A year or so before the first wave of layoffs began, an old friend who was a senior manager in the training dept told me to stay out of training, as it was a cost center, not a revenue generator. Those words have stuck with me to this day. Fortunately I keep landing in positions where a case can be made (in terms of ROI) for keeping me around. Who knows, I may get shuffled to a position that will be harder to justify moving forward. At least I've had the luxury of time to prepare. For those of you in IS, just make sure your expenses are minimized and your network/contacts are maximized.

Good luck to all... This got old a long time ago...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for sharing your experience. What is you guess on timeframe?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they want to start 2014 in the new structure, they'll need to spend the rest of Q3 planning the reorg and Q4 implementing it. I went through the C2 reorg that was announnced last December and it took about 3 months to pull off, but we weren't really up and running until March. It all depends on when the company wants the disruption to occur. Do it late 2013 and you risk missing Q4 goals (and possibly year-end goal), do it early 2014 and you start the year off behind.

If it were up to me, I'd move it up as early as possible - you've already placed the sword of Damocles above our heads, does anyone seriously think dragging it out is good for business?

The one thing that could drag this out is the shuffling of senior management. These folks will undoubtedly emerge with both a position and a grossly inflated compensation package. It may take time for the details to get worked out, and to create new positions to ensure we keep these people happy. Sorry to sound so cynical, but when a moron like CW survives every round of layoffs unscathed, well, it's hard not to be skeptical of the forces that draw up the new organizational chart. Heck, I remember Kindler saying one of the goals of FFT or FFO (or some other mass firing) was to reduce the layers of management. 4 months later I had 2 new layers of management between myself and Jeffy...

Good luck in the coming months. One thing I've learned is not to lose sleep over it. Explore new opportunities. Spend quality time with family and friends. And work your network - that is where most of my former colleagues have found a new career.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.
    If you are holding out hope for new products for IS then you are not aware of what is going on. There are no new products coming to this group!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just Kool-Aid, my friend.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself if your value. Regardless of what you have learned and acquired over the years, the company sees you as a liability today. Short and simple