Worst "Straight Talk" session??

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I give people straight talk every chance I get, and I have been doing so since the end of 2011 when the most comically unqualified RM and RBD were bestowed upon our region by the womens' movemnt here at Pfizer

So far, its amazing how well it has worked towards me achieving my goals! I was given the kiss of death on my 2012 performance review (the "partially meets") after sharing my insights last year, and I know I am well on my way towards getting a severance package at the end of this year.

I go to work with a smile on my face everyday, because they are getting straight talk every time I open my mouth

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does Straight Talk work when presented by a jerk manager?

Hint: It doesn't.

The guy kept saying "if you say things right", "If you tell me first", "If you say things n the right way and at the right time", "And I get to give straight talk right back at you", etc.

Who knew that straight talk had so many caveats and rules and restrictions.

Please read the fine print on your straight talk. Please don't say anything until you understand the fine print.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's Safe Talk, not Straight Talk......

**Important clarification** My VP just send out an email on straight talk. What management expects from us is SAFE talk, not straight talk. Don't be bringing up real issues because that makes management uncomfortable. Talk about trivial items that everybody feels SAFE discussing.

I'm glad I understood this before I made a big career mistake and brought up a real issue using straight talk......................

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: It's Safe Talk, not Straight Talk......

DUHHHHHHHH !

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Telling people how to talk?

Greeaaaaaat. Sounds like a real genuine place to work

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds more like the Legal Department "practicing" folks for a deposition.
    Besides, genuine "straight talk" will get you shit-canned immediately anyway.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you allow it, they will do it. Standing firm may not save your position,however not standing firm is a sure way to loose it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have the right to remain silent.......

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WIth the announcement of the new consolidated corp structure, Pfizer will have the biggest downsizing in corp history.

The Plan is to consolidate specialty and primary care. The only divisions not effected is Oncology and Vaccines. All other specialties that are 1 product divisions will be merged by March 2015. (MS, ENDO, AI, Hemophilia, Inflammation will merge together)-- MS doesnt have a product in Dec, AI products will move to generic/establish division, Hemo doesnt make any money, and the Xeljanz inflammation division is way under performing for a blockbuster drug status and need to move Wyeth reps out and upgrade talent.

Primary Care will move all products to a contract sales force model given PC doctors decision to prescribe products is payer base, not rep or product itself. This CSO model will deliver the same results given reps have little impact with results in the PC market, at the same time save the company multi millions from salary (pc cso reps avg 35-40k yr--so $100million a yr savings just in salary) as well as from not paying Obama healthcare costs, and retirement costs. A select few pfizer PC specialty reps will be placed to call only on therapeutic specialty physicians. (bottom line Pfizer like most companies are getting out of the primary care product business in the US and turning to more of a biotech/specialty product company where more profit exists-- every earnings report those products loose money and the RD pipeline doesnt have true PC products; its all specialty products.)

As a shareholder these moves will boost the stock price as profits will increase with massive operations expenses reduces while supporting resources to drive core products with the greatest profit margins. For employees it is going to be a massive change, but for those who stay it will be very rewarding with the stock price soaring--- and that's the CEO job is to increase stock price. THis is the model that will do it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had a ST session with hardly any talking. The manager is anti-ST. He doesn't like it or want it. We all know that already. It led to several long periods of awkward silence.

He is too much of a jerk to care though. We lied and told him went well. It was what he wanted to hear and nobody wanted to be bullied later.

Got to love Straight Talk.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like things never change at Pfizer. Never give them feedback. Bunch of two faced jerks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things never change. Pfizer likes to hire people who have to be told how to talk. Thinkers need not apply.