Restructuring Idea's...anything goes..straight talk.

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Between DSRs, BMS and in line reps, Cardiologists already have 5-6 reps calling on them with eliquis. The targets are very specific and are maybe 10-20 targets per territory. I do not think C1 will inherit eliquis. C1 and C2 have to be combined. Even if the abuse resistant opioids come, they will represent a very small market.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they combine c1 and c2, I imagine the old c1 reps will sell to orthopedists. No sense throwing those relationships away. But then again, this is Pfizer, so they'll probably just make everyone promote different products to customers they don't know next year...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It might be useful info to follow the Publicis or on-call job postings to see if they will outsource our jobs, and which disease states will be moved over.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insider here. It's going to be bad. It's going to be really bad. 60% cuts in Field Sales Managemt. "Account" team approach. 1 KAM for each ACO.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insider here...you are no insider. See how easy it is

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sounds about right to me. The KAM approach is the brain child of J Young. It has been highly successful in Europe. KAM's are here to stay. I have to say that the KAM for my State is awesome, highly respected, keeps open lines of communication with field sales and management. I'm sure they aren't all as motivated and forward thinking as the one I work with though.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The KAM position should be the first to go. We have zero resources, there are so many of us calling on "C's" in every Institution/ACO, we attach ourselves to rep success stories in an attempt to justify our jobs. At KAM meetings, the message from the RBD; "justify your jobs". I spend most of my time doing nothing work related. The statement most expressed by all of us, "I am just riding this baby out for as long as I can". This job is a joke. Give me my package and I'm gone.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAMs remind me of the other job du jour called the Regional Director Employers jobs focusing on self-pay companies. That only lasted 1-2 years and was not well thought through.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a joke. They want us to "have dialog with the C suite" but we have the same limitations as the reps. Face it. What is important to us is not on the radar screen for the chief officers in a small system, much less a pioneer system or ACO. Allow us to work a notch or two down and we could get some traction.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allowing you to work a notch or two down is admitting the SHR is much more valuable than a KAM. Thanks for the feedback as this confirms that KAMs are a waste of Pfizer's resources.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The KAM and SHR jobs are like shoving a square peg in a round hole. There is a lot of fluffy talk and little actual results. The sales team is obsolete from the standpoint of making an impact. Contracts drive sales, not reps influencing individuals. The ability for SHRs/KAM/ISSs etc to collaborate with the medical community is hugely diminished- docs and staff hate us no matter how smart, strategic or nice we are! Everyone in sales/DMs/RMs/KAMs/SHRs/PHRs are trying to justify their job. This is all a last ditch effort from those who have persevered. We are holding the losing card. The senior management in the sales division are infected by the emperor has clothes syndrome. Lets see if ZS associates can talk some sense into Pfizer this time.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one in the field likes to admit that contracts drive sales, because that fact renders many of us obsolete. Granted, we need a little face time to develop relationships, etc., but by and large the field has very little impact on what is written----and even less once Obamacare kicks in fully.
    One more point--it is to ZS Associates benefit if we engage them every three years or so to recommend tweaks to our already long ago obsolete business model. Come to think of it, that there is a business model to admire!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest