Oncology Base Salary

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, May 31, 2014 at 5:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an outsider and fairly certain I'll be getting an offer. I want to know if I should even consider being excited about it -- but need to know about pay/package/etc. -- before I can. I'm making 92 in my current position. Can someone help?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you get an offer and meet the criteria, you may see a 8-10% base increase...consider the entire package, benefits are usually above the avg and may override a slightly larger base.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8-10% is too high here at BMS. At 92 base expect 3-5k raise with potential offer. Enter with caution. Bms is a violent culture with micro mgmt. if you are out of work, obviously take the job but if you have other options, you better think twice.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meant Novartis.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came over from PCP and got base of 150k. Bunch of chumps.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shenanigans

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give me a break, I' m a recruiter and you'd be lucky to get $100 -125, plus you'd have to be an old timer with some serious connections for the space.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on pal, u ain't nothing except an unemployed fool.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, someone with a brain. Too many only look at base and bonus potential, not what is actually paid in bonus and what the entire package looks like.

The good, the bad, and the ugly:

2% to my 401K
    4% 401K match
    more based on age to retirement
    Very generous annual stock rewards
    Employee costs for insurance very reasonable
    High pay to pull in experience but not valued once you are here
    Nonsense annual reviews that are books that say nothing about what was accomplished
    Teeny tiny annual raises
    Nit picky about maxes for internet and cell phone that don't cover costs
    Nickel and diming with monthly costs for a car plus personal use plus taxes on value plus wanting you to put in your own gas on weekends
    Bonus reliant on a poor bonus system and team selling so not in your control
    Overall, a better total package than most