Holly Spring future

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was known that the sale of the holly springs plant would happen. It may change names but it doesn't look like it would close. Would the employees' just be hired on to whomever takes over? I have never worked for a company that was bought out.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The article says that there there are about 800'employees there now. That is about $50m - $60M per year in salary costs. The rev$ are basically $0. What company would buy a facility and loose that per year?

The reason someone might buy it is as a bet on the future but no one would sink that kind of money into operational loses. If you are there now, you have about a 50%'chance of being layed off.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find it sad that someone's view of the world is so filled with bitterness and hatred.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It pains me to say this, but the Carolina's in general, would not be kind to you! I'm truly sorry. Just look it up and see for yourself everything NC has been doing to suppress the minority vote, all the gerrymandering. Hopefully we can get the ugliness out of these southern states soon, but I doubt it! Good luck...god is watching over you!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes you think that? Reality often seems that way to the inherently naive and childish.

I've got an idea? If you don't like someone's facts, present hours. Or, like you did here, spout some useless, emotional drivel?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This response amuses me. Government give $60 million a year to site to be ready.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The idiocy of your remark amuses us all - it doesn't take 800 people to be ready to produce pandemic. Many / most were to develop seasonal that no one wants.

And if the govt will pay 60$ then why didn't they offer to pay that to Novartis to keep it open?

Fuukin moron.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect at least 70% layoffs - the buyer (most likely an Asian company) will cut costs, reduce pay & benefits, move most production overseas, and keep a skeleton crew running the place to get tax breaks. sorry for the bad news - generally, in a buyout, the buyer gets full control, the sellers employees are the first to get canned. The buyer has to quickly recover their purchase price

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom lime is . . . . . .well the bottom line. Uber-cpatitlaism baby .... . . . . . suck . . . . on it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And why do you think it will be an Asian buyer?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would a US manufacturer buy it? And who?