Working for this company is embarrassing

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After this I can not work for this company. In tired of continuously being told by my HCP's about how Novartis is in the news again for illegal activity. And how the stock continues to rise baffles me. This place and it's executive leadership is a joke -
    "Two months ago, Novartis acknowledged its staff in Japan hid safety reports concerning patients in a clinical study of leukemia medicines. The evidence had been shredded or online files were deleted. At the time, the drug maker did not specify the actual number of cases, although some Japanese media reported the initial findings involved about 30 instances. Now, though, Novartis says that at least 10,000 cases were uncovered and may never have been reported – and that the cover-up was actually in connection with 10 different medicines. "

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget about the DOj case in the US. Price fixing in the EU too. Strange? One change that would help, would be to end forced ranking. It puts people under pressure. So they move into the gray area.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At this rate there won't be many Reps left on a few years so it will matter less.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then take a hike.

I bet you are not embarrassed to cash your paycheck???

Stop the attacks on the company, if you do not like it here, then march your fat ass right out the door and go apply elsewhere.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or . . . . the alternative is to have no character at all, cash the checks and make a living as a parasite.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we are all parasites, and g-d is the host.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No doubt the relationship between international pharma and the US public is at best symbiotic, and at worst parasitic. Maybe, depending on your attitude, you choose which fits best?
    Sales paid for by US patients and taxpayers typically provide a majority of revenue of any given drug sold internationally.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

winner winner, chicken dinner.

is that a good model for financing drug r&d and other capital expenditure in the pharma industry?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is that ~80% of the drugs entering the market for the past 30 years were not new. Simply small improvements on or versions of drugs that provided the same clinical results as existing drugs. This is the myth of innovation in pharma and why in other countries, the Govts have simply been refusing to pay higher prices for these "new" drugs.

That is why, on average, we in the US pay twice as much for a drug with the same clinical outcome.

And it is related to the fact that a hip or knee replacement costs $3k in Canada and $30k here. And why delivering a child here costs $26k and there it costs $1500.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suppose the formulary boards in countries outside the US have something to do with the disparity in pricing. The US subsidizes the rest of the world.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The US Health Care system does;t subsidize anyone but the big pharma who do business here. The boards in other countries don't buy many of the new drugs and when they do they don't pay US prices for one reason - they are a rip-off.

If 80% of the "new" drugs launched in last 30 years added no value but we in the US paid more for them we were ripped off. If a new drug offers something current ones do they pay for them, in the the majority of them they do not.

You don't have to have as much profit if you only research and launch new drugs that add value and you will be paid higher price for.

That is why Obamacare is a knife in your hearts - it gradually puts a stop to a lot of this and ends the need for most of the US pharma sales and marketing forces.

Good-bye parasites.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we haven't even seen the worst of it yet!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then get the fuck out, you massive loser!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He won't have to "voluntarily deport" as this industry is shitting you human turds out its ass so fast it looks like diarrhea!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you don't believe in integrity or character, which makes you part of the problem at Novartis. Getting in touch with your subconscious must really hurt when you come close to the truth that your a tool and doing wrong!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree this company is an embarrassment to work for. Just over the last couple of weeks, Jorie Gatlin, the new VP for the DRA Advertising and Promotion group, is making a lot of noise that NDA with just one study. Everyone knows the FDA rules won't allow that, and require 2 adequate and well controlled studies. She seemed to be genuinely pissed off, and from what I heard from somebody who actually works directly for her, she is making a lot of noise about this.

She is going to come out looking like an idiot in the end. Maybe the powers that be will finally see that they made another major fuck up promoting another stupid individual that doesn't even know the basic requirements of her job.

Whoever she reports to should be made aware of her ignorance. She is not helping the team or the organization. She is only looking out for herself. Got I hope they fire her soon. She is a MAJOR liability to this organization, and contributes broadly to the incompetence, dysfunction, and out right sleaziness of the company. She should be fired.