Novartis not hiring from within

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So much for promoting and people development. A nationally decorated PC rep in my Area was given a courtesy interview for MSBU. His feedback was he didn't have any prior MS experience. Didn't matter he calls on Neurologists with Exelon Patch, nope. According to MSBU if you have no prior MS experience you are crap. It's like the chicken and the egg. Thanks Novartis for promoting from within!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make sure your TMS profile is updated.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Majority of MSBU has no prior MS experience! Sounds like bogus feedback.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once a PC rep, always a PC rep.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pal stop spreading BS on here. Several of the recent hires in MS were internals. NVS likes internals cuz they don't have to pay them. all were brought over as lateral pay and none had MS exp.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the MS Division was created, my manager moved over from CV. He recruited half of his team over from CV Specialty. I expressed my interest in moving over, and he mentioned I had no Neurology experience, and I told him in my time prior to Novartis, I sold to Neurology, to which he was surprised, but too late, he had already hired what was admittedly a great rep ( a friend of mine ) however, recently this person has vacated. Come to find out, I had better access in 4 offices that the rep was unable to access as I have created great relationships.. The rep told me to bring that up during the interview.

...so I wait. And after over a month of not hearing, the kiss off email "I'm sorry we've decided to move forward with other candidates" finally hit my inbox. NO INTERVIEW AT ALL! I laugh, why? I have gotten a chance to connect with the Biogen manager, and as he has seen and heard from the Neurologists how well I'm received, he told me in a heartbeat the minute he has an opening, it's mine. Now, do I bank on it? Heck no, but it's funny how your own company won't even consider you, but the external company can appreciate experience, clinical knowledge, and relationships.

I'm ok with it. My neurologists have expressed there are way too many issues with Gilenya, and holes to jump through in order for patients to access. They told me if I get the position, they're willing to find patients. Wait till they hear about the email. I assure you Gilenya will have an even more challenging time in these offices. Go Tecfidera!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You, sir, are an asshole. Why would you wish ill on the company paying your salary? For your information, the Neuros you called on for Exelon Patch are NOT the same Neuros we call on for MS. Maybe a 5 percent overlap at most. Neuros that focus on MS you never called on most likely. Maybe you are the exception. But it's an exception. MS is a very complex sale buddy. Go work for Biogen Idec and enjoy it while it lasts. My insights tell me Tec patients falling off left and right. GI issues and efficacy non existent due to MRIs now hitting a year after launch. Yep enjoy bud!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's wrong with you ?! Who will deliver donuts bagels & pizza if the PC reps become extinct ??? ( not counting dominoes etc... )

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a hidden but well known practice at Novartis, not just for the commercial area but in other business units and groups (Dev, research, V&D (go figure), sandoz)

Positions are purposely being witheld until the termination dates have passed for the recently impacted. Current openings are being reserved for contractors and impacted employees are politely being told not to apply or informed they are not qualified (in this case the job requirements are not what is posted for them).

The problem that HR looks away - pathetic...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is pathetic is that, for some reason, you feel that Novartis owes you something. Why?

In the past, while employed with them, you had a cushy, overly paid job helping them rip-off the US Healthcare system and now you want them to keep that job while they continue to do so.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis for the most part never hired from within, this going back 10 years. Not to say there has never been a PC rep going to specialty but not often. I have been with the company 10 years and have only seen a handful of candidates from PC go to specialty. That is why most end up leaving the company if they want specialty. And second I do believe Novartis owes us something. We built the company on Diovan and if not for Diovan Novartis would be nothing. Is it really the reps fault that management destroyed the pipeline that would have made Novartis a powerhouse. Remember all the drugs that got pulled or never got FDA approved that is upper management and they destroyed the company. Did Novartis management ever take responsibility for their mistakes, no.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think he is wishing ill on the company as much as the process on which Novartis handles internal candidates. If the company doesn't at least give fair shake to it's own talent (yes there are some great reps on the PC side) then I personally hope the person gets on with the competitor and kills it in the territory to teach a lesson.

I was at one time a PC rep, promoted to Specialty rep with Novartis, and because of all the downsizes, am again a PC rep. I have won multiple national awards both in Specialty and PC. Is it so impossible to conceive that an internal candidate possesses the skill set to be a successful rep?

I don't blame the guy. Novartis didn't even give him a chance, so at the very least, if a great external opportunity came along? I'd take it too.