Left the industry

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is hope for us. I know first hand! Wanted to advise you my fellow Novartians that there is hope out there. Just for an offer from a SAS company and wil be selling software solutions. I have no qualms about posting details here since it's a different industry. Base is 105kand bonus at plan is in the 85k range uncapped. No company car but who cares. I don't have to lie every day!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But you just lied again on here. You are a lonely soul who wants to feel important so you post crap on here to boost yourself up. Hahahahahahaha

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP - this makes a lot of sense because I also have been trying to leave the industry. And I can tell you are right on because the job postings I see from Oracle, Salesforce, Microsoft, SAP America etc all have base ranges of 100K to 130K plus bonus. But the problem is they all require prior software sales experience.... How did you land interview and job w/o prior experience? Or did you have prior experience?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not OP but probably he/she was very well networked within the industry and/or that particular software company. I know my former partner left Novartis and he is now in the oil industry selling refinery solutions. He is from TX and is related to someone in the industry. So he had an "in". By the way his base is around 120K but he bonuses over 200K per year. No manager ridealongs, no metrics, no nonsense. These jobs are out there.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went from pharma to device sales with no connections and little capital equipment experience. I'm at 110 ytd.

It can be done. If you don't think it can, you have no confidence in your abilities.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats to anyone who has left. Wether you like it or not, the majority or us will all be leaving soon.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This doesn't count! It's still same industry. You call on docs or hospitals etc. Same access issues etc. What OP did was go in a very different direction and makes more than most pharma or device reps. Probably a lot happier!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You responded to me. Sorry, device does count. A good device job with a good company is a great lifetime gig. Many of our reps. have been with my company for 20+ years. I think drug reps (and I was one of them) have a view about device reps. that we work 75 hours a week and are always stressed out. At least where I work, it couldn't be further from the truth. Pretty good gig. 225 for this job. Not bad.

Doctors/Hospitals vs. insecure and arrogant IT guys. Pick your poison. I have sold software solutions. I know.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I forgot to add:

Also, the access with devices doesn't really exist. If they don't want to buy, big deal, you move on to the next one. Most of the time, the leads are highly qualified and they want to meet with me more than I want to meet with them. During the end of the year, I get booked out 6 weeks in advance. If they aren't buying now during the busy season, I don't waste my time.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude you're living in this anonymous pipe dream. Lmfao

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a related industry dude. And you are lying about access. We all have friends in devices. Who you think you are fooling? Your access in cases in worse. And industry change means leaving healthcare like OP did. Whether you sell software, oil, work at a hedge fund, or manage a territory selling construction equipment, those are different industries.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what do you call what you do hanging out in your mom's basement all day? Most call it an unemployed loser. LMFAO . Hahahahahahaha

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consider for one minute that what I am saying is true.

If you think I am lying you are willfully making yourself ignorant to another industry. Pharma and device are two separate worlds. If you can't see that, it is what it is. Not everyone is cut out to make device kind of money.

Access issues in device are the same as any other non-pharma sales job. Your job is to navigate around those access issues or move on. I sold copiers out of college. I know a few things about getting to "Mr or Mrs Right."

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love these drones that use their anonymous posts as attempts to make themselves feel important. Now dude realize how this makes you look. Now wake up and maybe you'll not look so foolish next time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can either accept what I say or call me a liar. Fair enough. But as I have said before, consider for one minute that what I am saying is true.

You can learn from people who have a different perspective than you do. Even if I am 100% lying a-hole, can you refute that there are those making more money than you are in a field that is more respected?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The point isn't if it's the exact industry per se as much as it is - there are other companies and life outside of NVS. sheesh.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no not more than me. I knock down over 200k and I'm not in Pharma. Now see how foolish that sounds? Now you see how full of shit you really are.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i mint millions for breakfast ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LAnmnS0-9g

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot to mention that even though they make 200k a year, then spend 250k a year in interest, taxes, and other "investments" with no returns.