Anyone sell Breath Tek?

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it a good position?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The old meretek diagnostics was good. Merging with oapi was disasterous however it was nice to have resources and more structure. Being a top performer there in the past and choosing to move on to a better opportunity, I believe its been far too pharma focused and ruined from its true grass roots focus as a true diagnostic device company. Sad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A unique product with limited market opportunity, poor lifecycle management and management's lack of understanding of diagnostics has resulted in a failing business awash in red.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot to include the worst, understaffed, and often incompetent CS and AR departments. They have me doing their tasks taking away from selling time. I get about 3-5 emails from a day.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one trusts any of the numbers. The Quest tracings increased my volume but I'm not allowed to mention that. The quotas also are not trusted as despite ARM denial they set them. They don't explain how the quota was arrived at.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another issue are the ARM's. There is one who is always threatening in his emails, conference calls, and coaching reports. He is totally unprofessional both in his behavior and his appearance. He insists on wearing tan shoes with all colored suits. They not only do not match but they are totally inappropriate as they are casual at best and should never be worn with a suit. These tan shoes are for jeans and nightclubs not for business or business casual attire. Some of the reps have tried to suggest that with blue, black, and dark grey suits black shoes would look better. Taking such advice is not in his nature.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A very good product that deserves better marketing, sales aids, and pricing. The marketing and sales aids are a joke. Every time a new sales aid or supply item is available the marketing department pats themselves on the back and you would think they are announcing an Elvis sighting the way such a big deal is made. In no other products I have sold has such a fuss ever been made about supplies. In all those other products the sales aids and supporting materials were better, always available, with a broader range of items. Pricing also has to be taken into consideration when the insurance reimbursement rates are getting lower and the introduction of Obama Care.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overall, would you recommend this to a friend working in big pharma with a stable company?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely not! There is a great deal of instability going on now. Stick to the stable position.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't be that bad.
    They are still hiring.
    The products looks good.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new dictator is drunk with power and has an over inflated sense of self worth. He is making it more like Pharma and less like device. This ship has not only hit the iceberg once but it is heading to hit it again! At least Captain Smith(MV Titantic) knew they were in trouble when they hit the iceberg the first time! Don't take my word, look at all the departures of talented and experienced people. It's amazing that people with "zero" device experience and knowledge are leading a device division. It is very sad to see this division die a slow death. If you insist on wanting to be hired with this division you are either a moron or completely desperate.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats how this company does things. The people running the show with Abilify Maintena also have ZERO experience with injectable meds. THAT's the reason this drug has flopped.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just an honest question - before that "dictator" took the reigns, weren't you guys consistently like 70% of forecast? And now didn't you make plan? Or come pretty close? Talented people don't sell at 70% of forecast...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only because the goals in 2012 were absolutely ridiculous. 100% growth within 3-6 months in some cases... It's like me saying "I want a gazillion dollars."

Not to mention strange numbers in red appearing out of left field on the variance report. Also... Why are kits along with instrument sales not shown as revenue on the variance? I understand that ASMs don't receive credit for these, but it would help to see all of the "hidden" revenue.

Quest only grew nationally in 2013 around 4%... Really?

Strange...some of the decisions made recently.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 2012 goals were a pipe-dream. The dictator for the moment, the one who committed to the goal, left in February. The company is only hiring contract reps-a sign of their commitment to the division.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think RJ was that much of a dick-tater. I only say this because he had no idea as to what he was suppose to be doing. He was kind of a figure head so to speak. He allowed the regionals to run the show. This caused corruption to ensue because JJ and KL had their own ideas about how to cook the books for their respecting regions. DJ, as I understand it wasn't nearly as crooked.

As far as the new leader, SR... ASMs were closer to reaching their goals that he set simply because their quotas were more realistic.

It definitely boils down to what type of territory an ASM has and what an RSM will do to protect that territory. It usually involves harvesting potential and accounts from surrounding areas. That is pretty much what they use contract for.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BINGO! I love when I hear from the RSMs and how they are waiting on the higher ups to send down the goals, when they themselves are setting them. They also used the RSMs to help cover up the significance of Quest tracings...Nice! I guess the contract RSMs weren't very valued bc they're gone, except for the two that were given secretarial positions.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Realistically this typical for otsuka as a whole. Japan pressures Altmeyer to sign up for unobtainable goals, then beat the crap out of the americans all year. not just MDD, all divisions.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well let's hope that the other divisions are a little less shadey and more forthcoming with the actual revenue attained. I guess the mini Titanic (more of tug boat really) has a few more hours before it's descention, so all types of scrambling occurring right now!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 2012 goal was set in 2011 by MG, who left in Feb 2012.