Adios Insulin

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Feb 27, 2015 at 12:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NNI can kiss their insulin market share good bye!! Glargine comes off patent soon, Pfizer developing a bio-sim and now owns Hospira the # 1 injectable and infusion manufacturer, Lilly and BI coming up with long acting, Affrezza will garner some use. All of this happening before Tresiba will come to market. Good luck getting insurers to pay for it.

For those juice drinkers, Novolog patent up in 2017 which will lead to bio-sims-uh oh!!

good news is AA doesn't need to bend down to kiss asses of ESI/Medco to get Back on formulary!! Better pucker up now!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Screw you. We have BOPA to protect us. He will know what to do. Plus our eft will know what to do also.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BOPA the Clown!! I'm sure he'll BEE able to come up with another brilliant training

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah…but WHICH of the 3 BOPA personalities will be there to protect us? Very important to know this when planning for your future.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, Toujeo is crap, peglispro will never make it, and Affrezza is a joke, everybody gave up on lung insulin a decade ago. Biosimilars ? -Sanofi is gonna fight to hold biosimilar Glargine off for a while. Yes, biosimilar Lispro and Novolog will be coming some years down the line, probably no earlier than 2018-2019 in the US.

We will dust the competition with Degludec no later than 2017, and of course, we have our killer oral insulin coming no later than 2018. That is, killing the competition, not the patient or ourselves. Also, our faster acting Aspart should keep everybody including payors entertained and believing that we will leave the field anytime. Until then, good old Levemir will keep the competition at bay. It's got no potency, but it does great anyway, perhaps not so much insulin is required after all ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oral insulin in 2018- hahaha!!

From www.novonordisk.com. Posted in 2013.

The journey ahead will not be easy. “We’re up against major barriers and we still don’t know whether they can be overcome,” reports Peter Kurtzhals. “But if we look at the ideas we’ve got and the progress we’ve made I’m optimistic that Novo Nordisk will be the first to turn oral insulin and GLP-1 into a reality. We are currently in phase 1 development so it is not unrealistic to think that if studies are successful, oral insulin and oral GLP-1 could be available in about 10 years. In the world of pharmaceutical research and development that’s pretty close.”

2023 oral for glp-1 and insulin at the earliest. If studies are successful.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have it on good authority that there's a meeting in Plainsboro this week to discuss the addition of 2 new field forces in 2017 at the very latest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd be more impressed if you worked as a decision maker at an Anthem or Wellpoint, or at CVS Caremark or ESI. Otherwise, I'll keep doing my job and working my Plan B in the case that we pare headcount in 2 years.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS communication. These projects started in 2006. That would make it a 17 year long incredible waste of resources. We recently heard that oral semaglutide works at doses which are 280-fold higher than used with injection. Wonder what it takes to make insulin work orally - 1000-fold higher dose ? Perhaps the more responsible, sustainable solution is to simply lower insulin prices

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excellent points. Insulin is a commodity, it should be provided to patients at a reasonable price. Novo's gross margin shows that they make ridiculous profits of insulin. In a way, this would be respectable if they actually did something to come up with transformational new products for the patients. Instead, we have seen generations of product candidates with no or very little improvements over standard of care. The oral insulin stunt is an extreme example of this strategy. Resources seem to be spent on polishing image, promoting useless advantages while trying to maintaining an image of being innovative.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NN markets as much or MORE to their employees as they do to the public. Let us convince you this place is great even if you don't feel it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Novo's internal marketing easily matches that of any religious cult. Incredible, when you're in the mix, you are actually led to believe that Novo is in the game to help the patient. Of course, nothing could be more wrong, it's all about the money. As it should be. Why spend so much resources faking anything else ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, come on, we're here to CURE diabetes. to hell with selling insulin