Warning fellow AZ brethen!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get a call from your DSM in the middle of the day and are asked to meet him at a hotel and HR is live via speaker phone leave the room immediately. This happened to me. And I got fired. Trust nobody

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did they accuse you of? I haven't worked a full day in over 10 years, falsify calls and expense reports, and anything else I can get away with. When and where did this happen? Give details or we will call BS on your post.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DSM here... Take it from someone who has fired over 5 PSS over my career. If your manager calls you and a) asks you to bring your laptop and tells you b) that HR will be listening via speaker and c) when you ask what it's about we tell you it's a "discussion" that means you WILL BE FIRED!

There will be no discussion. The only reason we want you to confess to whatever charge we bring (faking calls, AZ Expenses, compliance violation etc) is that with HR listening to your confession and acting as a witness you cannot sue us. You have no grounds to go after us later on. But take it from me, whether you admit to it or not, during the meeting, it doesn't matter. You will be fired. Now, don't do anything stupid and let OP serve as a warning.

Now go out and sell something.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok Mr boogie man!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, those charges could eliminate 99% of AZ's sales force! there is not one single rep that has not faked calls daily, nor one single DM that bugs out early every single week! It's just the way we are. We are not programmed to work full days as a drug rep. I mean we couldn't do it if we wanted to! It's impossible! Besides, I've done it for years and I know plenty of others who do it and we have never been called in, and never will be.

You.Mr. DM, are probably the worst offending group out there! I can just see you now, checking the time and saying you have to leave early to "prepare for a conference call". You guys are worse than the reps!!! Now go get on a "conference call" you slacker!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a DSM and yes a sometimes slacker, itis unfair to label conference calls in this negative way. It is very demanding having to pretend to be happy and focused on these calls when we have to roll all of the crap down to the PSS level. Everytime it is something that prevents us from selling and promoting. Also, dont forget that when we have you all to contend with it is like have 10 to 12 children that require a different way of coaching. We work hard most of the time just like you do. I have been in this industry for 15 years and if I could go back I would have gone another direction and never considered Pharma if I knew it was going to be like this.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Repent! It's not too late!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice! A reasonably fair and honest post! You just might be my boss, he is a nice guy too!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My DSM took down his pants and told me to speak directly into the microphone. Did that happen to you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes life is unfair. AZ is a game. Some people play the game and are good or lucky and they win. Others have good morals and lose anyway. You are among wolves. The weak, young, tasty -- whoever -- are fair game. There is no real need for any single rep, DM, RSD, and higher.

After all, the main thing the company is interested in is patient health. Right?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take notice buddy, when it happens to you..and it will, you can follow your own advice.
    So don't be so glib about someone losing their job. BTW, how seriously sad it is that you know the exact # of people you've fired. That, Mr. DM is nothing to be proud of. Now you go, get your ass out of the car and LEAD someone.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true! My favorite part is when I read my field report on a day my DM has left early but the field report reflects he worked with me all day. HMMM, is that not falsifying a company document?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former DM at AZ and other big co Let me tell you this and I speak from 13 yrs dm/trainer/rep experience. I unfortunately did have to terminate...1 rep yes only one through 3 mergers and I can't even tell you how many districts. This is how the DMs in my region would do it...NOT LIKE THAT. There was/is a process and investigation. If it was a fluid other places, us DMs and the Regional pretty much kept with what almost everyone should do and exactly for this reason. We usually went 1 verbal, and not one you didn't realize you already had 6 months ago. We said the words, "Look this is a verbal warning because it is something that needs to be changed, but it is not the kind of thing that I am going to be checking and following it is just one thing thing for you to be aware of, among all the other really good stuff that is obvious to both of us" That was the basic language we used almost in that form. (I have no idea if anyone heard it, nobody I managed ever heard it, because it is my job and yours to kind of fumble and fix things as we figure it out.) The reason we told people we would say those words is simple. Some of us were old Astra reps who became mgrs and some so on. Believe me it was unpleasant for us as reps never to be able to trust any manager and we hated seeing that look when we said something that for some reason trigger the A in USA is here. We all made sure we did it. Every group of DMs I worked with had a different threshold of it's time to start the process.

Two be honest we sometimes asked each other when we were seeing it and wanted to make sure we were not being a little bit picky because if it needs attention it needs attention. I was actually lucky as an Astra DM, they got rid of all the douchebag managers who terrorized me so I only good reps who understood terror spreads and it kills the whole region. We always coordinated programs and info for plans since we bordered so, it was natural to discuss US not you. Believe me. The very last thing I wanted was to be the start of false stampede. You know why, C'Mon guys think like a rep not like you think I think. Think like you know I had too to hit bonus. (I was neither proud or ashamed of my timing, I worked my ASTRA off, and hated most of that stuff, I have never touched a woman ever I respect everyone.) HEY looky looky my 3 time in 4 yrs rep reality, just freaking got all high and Large Bildman on you. Which is true? Let me tell you this about DMs, men, women, irish setters and minister or defense. NOT ONE FREAKING PERSON SAID IT AT THE TIME. So there. I carried that stigma my whole career and cross companies. Look at that last statement. Any time some tossed that bugger granade in a room with more than one ex Astra rep, rep and anyone else. Well the other skill we had as reps and later managers is that we were scary good at picking up on people's use of words in almost any situation We had to, because some of those dudes did not give you the "you looking at me tough guy stare down or even a switch up in one word which you might not pick up on. Like hey super rep c'mon over here and tell Killer Date rapping DM that joke." I am not even kidding. So as managers we tried to tease out our fear words, but are oblivous to yours since when we heard those it was a joke and you played along. Get it?

The next one you should see coming because nobody is really trying to get you unless they are nuts, and believe me a couple of times 3 of us DMS addressed one cross functionally for tattling one of our reps for no obvious reason and for no real slight or behavior even cared about. Our standard reply to DM who saw you in some place he thought your reppy butt had no right to be. We without even asking always said, "Yeah she called me to me she would be off territory, and I called her back to tell her I do not need your minute by minute gps because I have no idea if it is as all in your super sales rep sent me your damned calendar a month ago and didn't care unless I was supposed to be in aisle 3 coming to tell him to mind his own. I would have that conversation with him on as soon as he calls so if he is near by...grab whoever he felt had a business reason to be there and listen to how I respond with some super duper started too young as a rep in hospitals with really really smart drs who had no idea what the hell we were saying that happiness statistic meant while you were under sedation before (actually to silly me trying to impress an DM from the outside who was wondering the same thing since he had Cardiology well...I was just pleased as punch about it) Fortunately my manager literally grabbed me just as one of 10 drs and nurses "said ladies and gentleman I think we have the.." I have no idea, I knew this was a code red and we hauled butt, I had no idea, but at Astra dms never ran so if he was I wasn't asking. I actually am not joking those anesthesiologists and nurses were wicked sarcastic and if you said something that amused them you were gonna hear right then and it was gonna be ugly since you were clueless. You were going to go back in 5 minutes with a ooops and kind of well what's yours, because my DM wanted to get first on in so he could call it in the my distict"

They would kid you and then you and manager took a early lunch or just nicish kind of place off site sweet break. That was so cool because you knew he was trying to soften his comments because it was pretty damned funny that we couldn't even be 100 percent under sedation, LARS. That was a great moment for everyone and it was kind of your obligation to share for a good reason. First of all, make sure you know what you are saying, and just because it's there and a trainer put it there, we can avoid it in certain company.

I think I remember one manager kind of heads up me that it had happened but we knew and it is was not for me to discuss or comment on his reasoning to anyone. Just an alert that there was going to be a little uneasy on me without me noticing so I needed to make sure I didn't change my attitude.

Man I learned my lesson and called him like eveyday for the next two weeks letting him know I was on it and I knew my drs and the data. Of course I did not do what he said to do so you know what was bound to happen. (BTW he was vet DM and knew the deal so he did his best to be just little but not too much way to go sleepy boy

Oh but for some reason that specialty are like tigers riding unicycles. The just let you get away with some stuff you didn't notice and yes same damned hospital (of course they were just wanting another good one to pop out of me and this was such a doozie I actually had to ask my manager after two weeks about an unreported side effect was in the data) C'mon super rep, it was unreported so tell him that, noooooo you think do know you don't know (lesson learned I shall seek the knowledge and return with statistical and medical brilliance except to do that have to research it on my own. ooops)

Two weeks later I gave up and asked my DM since was going to be in there in a few days. Wait for it wait for it, Reppy boy I swear I should let this guy do this to you after I tell you this but we are gonna turn the tables with a great response and put them on notice reppy is on guard too so we cool?

He said so her is what he said. I am really concerned with patients high incidence of priapism in recovery, actually I see it a lot." Yes a room full of drs an nurses, that dude must have saved that gem for years told a drug rep's drug really concerned him because sometimes in there (read wife see's husband awake there) the man gets a serious ....BONER. I swear he said it) We were not laughing because this was gonna take some real thought as to why it took me two weeks to say this and not right then and also the room would be packed when they saw me coming. Ah he was in luck because supper reppy was super sarcastic and quick outside of this place. This was all me and they loved it and I earned my "reps are stupid but they are anesthesia reps so we gotta protect them from surgeons"

I said I really need to come clean here guys this is kind of embarassing and a little personal but I must. You might not know this but DR is married to a very very attactive woman. In fact that day I heard her say somethng and I didn't want him to know I head.

She said, are you kidding me Bob not even in recovery on your break, nothing? Sooo I don't think it will be an issue for your patient or your wife."

It rocked and got shared to the reg as a lesson, either fess up and let them laugh or it better be a great come back. I have to admit I have used it a time or two on mine when they seem to keep agreeing when the dr says something they pretend to know.

PS As DM you would be surprised how many studies, have that as less than one percent. We always save it just in case.

That's how I did it even when I had a "class 1" immediate teminate. Now after reading that last paragraph, do you really think even if I was justified at that very moment and it needed to be in the very next second, that the other DMs would not have an issue with my judgement behind closed doors. Bet your butt and years later4 of us did with one of our own and took her out of that situation as soon as we heard and back to the room to find out why she pulled the trigger at dinner with a full table that instant. It was not ok and not even justified to us behind doors. That was our bosses issue with HR or it would be with us for a long time behind doors. (not paying attention and whispering while your DM is making a toast is not when you run off crying, its when you run to vomit during that stupid toast.) HR ended up canning our manager when we got back, and the rest of us kind of casually comforted hers. In private ours knew we were furious and wanted them to tell someone immediately if we did that to someone. Forget me you protect you. I am the one showing poor judgemnt pubically. Would you believe it actually had an unintended result?

Two days later our Regional addressed the region. BTW we addressed her as soon as we found our DM and she got a little HRy on us. I didn't say anything nor did anyone else, in fact we saw it as I think she meant it. Guys this is a report and investigation shut it and when it is concluded we talk. I had not problem one with that but the reps felt we got slapped and told to step in line and we were doing so but didn't like it. Not true at all, we just had reps come running up saying there was a fight with her at dinner and the reps ran off. We had no idea what happened or why, but at a national meeting if a DM hears something that triggers the danger reflex we kind of do the you go there I'll go there somene find the boss and let's contain this, the shirts will be helping. No rep ever trusted the Reg and it was not our place to comment. We did what we should have and she would have been part of it visibly if there.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're kidding right? Glanced at a couple of paragraphs and can hardly make sense of it. And way too long.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former DSM? Undecipherable, unintelligible, or possibly written during a drunken stupor.

"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's
    just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

--Homer Simpson

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the time stamp. The poster was trashed.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This makes absolutely no sense at all. How much does one drink to get like this? A fifth? Drunk posting is not a good idea.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So this is what former DM's do with their time? Time is never wasted when you’re wasted all the time.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buzzzed posting is drunk posting _ hic °*

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Children huh? Such a bad analogy for the people who make your bonus for you because you can't sell worth a damn. I've had 8 managers at AZ who stayed two years and moved on to the next position. What did they learn? Oh, and this child has worked two jobs most of the time while working here at this fine, ethical company. Respect is a two way street boy.