Does HR at AZ handle or hide problems?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question to you AZ sales reps about HR issues - Is is a competency issue or matter of refusal to take corrective action because you are non-management?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut the fuck up

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR essentially takes a management view as they in truth are management, and as such represent management and the interests of the company. Not surprisingly, so do most corporate HR's.

There is a belief in strong management at AstraZenca which enables it to move agendas forward. The structure is top down and management is able to leave a strong footprint on subordinates. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is assumed in most cases that the action taken by management is correct and appropriate, and the burden of proof otherwise lies on the subordinate. It will likely be an uphill battle. I have seen instances where proof was offered to HR by non-management, but ignored because a person in that position provided it, so essentially no corrective action (or any action for that matter) not taken.

Competency at AZ depends on what side of the fence you are on.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a sales rep, I brought a harassment case against my DM and had provide documented proof to the Area Business Center. I had my ducks in a row (with help from a DM who previously worked in the home office in Wilmington). The Business Center that I reported the incidence to desperately tried to trip me up and on the surface seemed to have any care in the world in trying to find out the truth. I ended up reporting the Area Business Center to Wilmington had harassment charges brought up on them too -- again under the advisement of a previous DM who worked in Wilmington. To make a long story short....I won my case and my DM was disciplined. What happened to me? I was realigned to different territories every other quarter and to different businesses until I quit. AZ seemed to determined to make my life hell until I decided to leave. AZ is a hell hole.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most corporations aren't under CIAs or corporate integrity agreements.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is such a sad story. Did you regularly shit and piss yourself from the stress?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure how long it has been since you left AZ, but do you remember who is the head of AZ HR?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can compare AZ HR to a police state, you have all the burden of proof. They often randomly check on the field sales force without their knowledge. Big brother type of actions. Do your best to avoid the nazi HR.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny because AZ stresses that retribution in the form of "getting even" is not tolerated. You were probably viewed as a threat as well. As the saying goes, management protects management. Especially bad management.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can think of at least two instances in IT where people who raised grievances were punished by making their lives intolerable even though their grievances were upheld.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is so very sad. Do you cry over your keyboard when you think of those mean things?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your comment is unnecessary. Hostile work environments are no joke. You mocking other people's problems is a pathetic reflection of yourself.

If you have nothing nice to say or cannot be supportive - shut the heck up and get off this thread. You better be crystal clear on that.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again, if you have nothing to contribute or if you cannot demonstrate empathy - take your comments elsewhere. You have been WARNED.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, but I peed my pants a little thinking you might eat shit and die.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should have retained a lawyer.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should have retained a brain.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you read about the corrupt and caustic culture at the V.A. it reads just like the culture at AZ.
    Nobody dares question the decisions from above or they risk retribution. Once you make it into the inner circle of leadership it is like being a made man in the mafia. You can only be taken out if the signal is given from one of your peers and everyone else is free game in order to protect their positions of power and their license to steal.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but anyone of them can put a contract out on you at any time and H.R. is used as their hit man. They do the dirty work for them.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I ws at AZ we had a terrible management team. So what all of our cylinder did was to report them united, maybe 1 or 2 didn't want to get involved but the the other 8 did so united. It started an investigation with interviews, etc. They all were disciplined, a few were fired and when I gave my notice, I let the HR manager know, not my manager, and the HR manager thanked me for my involvement and said she had wanted my manager out and we had greatly helped her.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And there you have the full truth. The HR partners played favorites when their real job was to find out the truth. The sales force is their playground but every once in a while they go after the wrong person and they end up being exposed for the frauds that they are. There is nothing professional about the HR group just a bunch of mostly haters of successful white males and every now and then an attractive successful white female unless she is a lesbian. .