Tic toc it's getting that time again

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tick tock. Also included in the speculation of that very link:

Rundquist said that AstraZeneca "will ask for much more, and they have proven they are building a very solid pipeline." The analyst added "my impression is that the deal will never go through, because it is too expensive for Pfizer." Standard & Poor analyst Jeffrey Loo "agreed," noting that the positive news "gives [AstraZeneca] more ammunition to continue to fend off Pfizer."

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

However, Divan suggested that the tax benefits of a deal means Pfizer is likely to table a new bid and can afford another 3 pounds ($4.98) to 4 pounds ($6.63) per share. Dan Mahony of Polar Capital said "I'm not expecting anything next week," despite AstraZeneca's stock climbing more than 7 percent over the past few days on speculation of renewed takeover interest from Pfizer. "I know the stock is rallying on anticipation but I suspect if anything is going to happen it is more likely to happen in November or December," Mahony added.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tick tock... the point being this ain't no sure deal, or as some would say, Pfizer gets whatever it wants. There are still a lot of "ifs."

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be new here or to pharma.....this is how things go down. AZ knows Pfizer has the money so why accept the first round when you know the second round will increase. It's about keeping shareholders happy, not helping patients, or employees etc. It's about cashing in. Have to agree with the OP it's only a matter of time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be blind to what happened last go round, market analysis, or reality. Yeah, it COULD happened, even a dope like you realizes that, but the deal's still far from sealed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Behind close doors my district manager and our team all agree we want the Pfizer deal to happen.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer will return no more. They have too many other options. More importantly, AZ had their chance. So did Pfizer for that matter. Id bet that 7:10 people thought the deal would happen in May. We saw reality. 10% chance at best for a Pfizer offer in November. Either AZ made the best possible choice at declining their offer, or the stock price will suffer in the LT as well as shareholders. Big gamble. Pascal has a lot to prove at this juncture, not only to shareholders, but to all of AZ. Time will tell for sure depending on increased valuation of AZ or decreased valuation over time.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^^very valid points

I for one don't believe the shareholders have faith in him and will put the pressure on him to make it happen.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't need him to make it happen. The shareholders only need 50% + 1 vote and it will be a done deal with or without him. This time he knows that he is better off playing with Pfizer instead of against them.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He also knows that there is a huge number of employees that want their freedom and can't wait for Pfizer to return.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you know this how? Are you his conscience?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He won't have a choice this time. This time it will turn into a hostile takeover and Pfizer will take it straight to the stockholders bypassing Frenchie if necessary. They can turn him into a pawn with their money. But the sad part is that this will drive the stock price even higher so in the end he cashes his hoard of options and sails off to destroy another company. Behind every fortune is a crime.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going to the shareholders is possible if Pfizer is still determined to do it. Who knows.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer doesn't have the stomach for a long and protracted takeover battle. Pascal is too stupid to accept a more-than-fair offer. The pipeline will be prove to be a failure, as usual. The shareholders should be screaming for Pascal's head!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the input. Now go back to selling Aricept and keep hoping your company will get bailed out by AZ.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perceptive, and will likely prove to be accurate. The stock price is moving up due to rumors that Pfizer may be back. I don't think they will. If they don't make a move by December, then the stock price will drop and stay at normal levels. We had a great offer and Pascal's ego got in the way.